I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss

honestly this was a v sweet story 🥺 definitely recommend since it's a quick read and it made my heart go <3

/i feel like a couple of panels in the later chapters seemed to imply a possible sequel (?) maybe im tripping...something to do with a maiden of a demon sword?

I really loved this story, it was amazing.

Totally not what I expected when searching for Isekai but it was a good find.

why do mangakas always put "i'm a villainess so I will ..." in their title every single time? Honestly it looks unappealing and generic

Despite being only 13 chapters, I feel really fulfilled. 💜
I enjoy this too much. King Claude is too much a beauty, it's unfair. And that do-S tendency??? I need my lawyer!!! >///<
Btw, I'm just imagining how blindly it would be if King Claude and Emperor Claude (Athy's dad) stand side by side. 😳

Dex-chan lover
@yggdrsil
I hate to answer, since I don't think you fully comprehend how different the tone and storytelling are in the original, but if you absolutely insist, the first arc of the novel ends at volume 1 chapter 42

Quick summary of some of the major differences:
The "heroine" doesn't regain any past life memories at all during the first arc. The prince is the actual villain, and the heroine is just played by herself, who Irene slowly realizes was a terrible person when you think about it.

There is no grandiose plot about "the power of the story" or "gears becoming self-aware". The world just is what it is.

Parts of the kingdom are portrayed as incredibly patriarchal, to the point where the setting of the second arc has a widespread belief in "the teachings of the holy maiden" (being "a woman's job is to support her husband, nothing else") and abuse of women was commonplace.

There is a larger focus on Irene's hangup on being "good enough to be the wife of a king".

Also there's just a handful of glorious moments in the novel that didn't make the cut.

This is truly a story without consequences. No matter what happens or what anyone does, no one gets hurt and nothing happens. Take the prince for example. He did EVERYTHING wrong he possibly could, including multiple murder attempts at his own brother and fiance, and even gets caught red-handed while raping his brother's wife (MC), but NOTHING happens. They're not even scolded, that's how shitty the logic of this world is. Their "punishment" is that he won't become the king (which he shouldn't have anyway since he has a stronger and smarter older brother). That's it. What in the fucking hell is wrong with this author's brain?

y'all chill with the criticism;; the manga is over and your criticisms are not only extremely baffling to read but also terribly toxic :)
yes there's problems with the story, which reincarnation story doesn't? (or any story for that matter) If you're going to criticize the manga, at least do it in a way that is well mannered. Say "thank you translators and authors for this wonderful manga," stop using such vulgar language and spread your unnecessary comments somewhere else :)

Issac spin off please. He became my favorite character within the short amount of screentime he had. 😍

Group Leader
So sad that they only adapted the first story arc. I’ll have to track down the novel.

Reread the manga today! It’s amazing, and the king is so adorable. Although i did hate that
the Primce almost RAPES the MC and yet he doesnt get punished? Not even jail time? The heck.

I also learned (from the comments below) that this was only the 1st arc?!? AAAAAAHHHH huhuhu wish they’d adapt the rest as well D: does anyone have spoilers? I tried looking for some but I only get links to a thread on manga recommendations and manga websites.

Damn good manga!
Kinda wish they had more of the mc being the holy sword maiden etc.

This manga needs the sexual violence tag though, as that was seconds away from full on rape.

@RosieGold I agree that the author should have given the prince more punishment, but it kinda fits the theme of the kingdom being unfair... Even if it is a stupid reason.

@Etodie I hope there will be, like of the mc doing sword maiden-y stuff, even if its just two chapters long.

The closest thing we will probably get to a sequel is "Win Over The Dragon Emperor This Time Around, Noble Girl!" unfortunately, as the artist and author are both working on it.

At first, I thought it was gonna be a long villainess manga but this is unexpected, really. I completed since I saw the covers then realized it was completed.

It’s perfect. From the plot until characters, I would recommend it and give it a 10 out of 10. But then I changed my mind to 9. Why? Because one unnecessary character development like the maiden of holy sword Without it, the character can improved though. Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread