I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 42 - Punishment

Dex-chan lover
I feel so bad for Lily. I like her but Clare x Rae is one of the best things about this manga. Hopefully she can find someone. I hate when they do this in manga and leave the third girl on the path to 20 cats and a used tissue shrine of the MC.

Dex-chan lover
Thinking about it but for those curious this chapter was pretty short in the novel. It's possible the Lilly "date" is for a bit of padding.

Aggregator gang
Sorry! I added a translation note to the page. It's a Japanese drama series about uncovering the injustice of corrupt officials. Lilly thinks Komon is a person, though.
Was Lilly the first one to mention the thing, or was there an earlier mention that got translated to its English equivalent?

Group Leader
Was Lilly the first one to mention the thing, or was there an earlier mention that got translated to its English equivalent?
In the manga, Lilly's the first one to mention it yes. But the LN mentioned the "Rae channeling the series" thing.

Dex-chan lover
I feel so bad for Lily. I like her but Clare x Rae is one of the best things about this manga. Hopefully she can find someone.
Unfortunately, in the LN, she can't, she's still unrequited crushing on Rae right at the end. Worse, in the sequel series, that takes place 10 years in the future, she's crushing on Rae's and Claire's daughter. Who in turn is crushing on her own sister. Yeah.

Fed-Kun's army
oh my gawd Rae is so fucking cute on panel 7, and it's just glasses that were added

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately, in the LN, she can't, she's still unrequited crushing on Rae right at the end. Worse, in the sequel series, that takes place 10 years in the future, she's crushing on Rae's and Claire's daughter. Who in turn is crushing on her own sister. Yeah.
The stuff about the sequel is not fully accurate. The other stuff is true, though. Edit: actually I got characters mixed up.

Last edited:
well, I dont know why Lily still there just for comedy relief, she deserve her own happiness. Im glad that didnt make it too complicated with tax and auditing

This is the first time I ship a polyamourous relationship more than the the couple I like most, just so that Lily can be happy. But yeah it's obvious that no.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: Tlo
Dex-chan lover
Just caught up to this after loving the anime.
Are we caught up with the raws? The series took a lot of fun yet unexpected turns, so I’m hooked.

Group Leader
Just caught up to this after loving the anime.
Are we caught up with the raws? The series took a lot of fun yet unexpected turns, so I’m hooked.
Yeah we’re caught up. Next chapter’s on June 18th.

Users who are viewing this thread