I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 42 - Punishment

Dex-chan lover
So it seems we might be adding in some stuff from She's So Cheeky for a Commoner. That's good, if so.

Also, I don't remember this outing with Lily--that seems to be a manga original, so I wonder how that'll go. Of course, Lily will just make a fool of herself (given that Rae doesn't even consider her) so I'm more interested in Rae's purpose for the disguises. Relaire attacking Lily is hilarious, btw.

Last edited:
Group Leader
So it seems we might be adding in some stuff from She's So Cheeky for a Commoner. That's good, if so.

Also, I don't remember this outing with Lily--that seems to be a manga original, so I wonder how that'll go. Of course, Lily will just make a fool of herself (given that Rae doesn't even consider her) so I'm more interested in Rae's purpose for the disguises. Relaire attacking Lily is hilarious, btw.
Yeah we have SSCC stuff now. And yes, the "date" is manga original - it's not in either the original LNs or SSCC.

Dex-chan lover
Shame for Claire, her father is destined to be guilty. Must be bit amusing and both annoying for Rei to investigate a foregone conclusion. She knows they are guilty, the plot and setting demand it, but to prove it proper. Not so simple.

Nun girl is damn thirsty, don't they allow water in the church?
the next major event that the books have is Rae politically crucifying herself to Dole.
are claire's minions yuri?? :thumbsup:
Claire's minions were dating before they and Claire brainstorm bullying tactics.

Dex-chan lover
I feel a bit hypocritical for this but Lily's one-sided pursuit of Rae is kind of... annoying :/ I know she's literally just doing what Rae does with Claire but we already have that dynamic with the main couple. Maybe it's just that we know it's not going to go anywhere, on top of the fact that she's mostly used to inject her presence into Rae/Claire scenes for comedy. idk man, she's an interesting character but the manga's attempt to fresh her out some more hasn't really clicked with me. Anyway, it was nice to see Pepi and Loretta again! Gotta bring a new side couple to the spotlight now that Misha and Yuu have retired to the yuri nunnery.

Dex-chan lover
are claire's minions yuri?? :thumbsup:
Yes, but not quite as you think at the moment. Loretta has a crush on Claire and has for so long anyone who knows her knows about it (except Claire of course since she's slow in these things. Pepi realizes she has a crush on Loretta during the Euclid trip and at the moment she's kind of hiding that.

The whole thing with Pepi's family investigation is in SSCC so check that out for more Pepi moments.
That said the hug between them was very nice. I love seeing their relationship.

Yeah we have SSCC stuff now. And yes, the "date" is manga original - it's not in either the original LNs or SSCC.
I wouldn't be surprised if the date is
foreshadowing for the reveal that Lilly is funneling information to Salas without her knowing

Supporter
Thank you so much for the chapter and translation. It was so cool to see Rae and Claire working together

Dex-chan lover
Poor Lily. I really hope she found someone. Altho they need to handle the spontaneous mood swings she keeps doing

Users who are viewing this thread