I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 44 - Have One Sweet Candy

Group Leader
Okay this is starting to get annoying. Lily just fuck off already.
1. Rae have made it clear she has absolutely no romantic interest in you, so give up
2. Stop being a fucking bitch by making moves on someone you know is already with someone else…

Someone that have read the LN that can tell me how long we are going to deal with this annoying bitch before she stops?
I mean…how is that any different than how Rae was with Claire for the first 30 chapters?

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately, it seems this Lily was destinted to not Bloom with this Rae of sunshine.

Im starting to think that name is a pun...

Also 100% that father on some fraud shit, remember, he is the minister of finances, that man can pull strings 😤

Dex-chan lover
I mean…how is that any different than how Rae was with Claire for the first 30 chapters?
Claire wasn't already with someone and when Claire wanted to be with her crush, Rae helped her. Much of Rae's early antics were treated as jokes by Claire, largely because Rae intended them to be treated like jokes as a defense mechanism. Lily is not joking, doesn't intend to be funny and is deliberately intruding into a relationship that she acknowledges exists. She's still a fun person but the situations aren't the same.

Dex-chan lover
Claire wasn't already with someone and when Claire wanted to be with her crush, Rae helped her. Much of Rae's early antics were treated as jokes by Claire, largely because Rae intended them to be treated like jokes as a defense mechanism. Lily is not joking, doesn't intend to be funny and is deliberately intruding into a relationship that she acknowledges exists. She's still a fun person but the situations aren't the same.
Em, no. Claire loved prince, and, actually, still love him, but probably less than mc now. And Rae and Claire still not a couple.
It literally same thing.

Double-page supporter
I don't agree with the punchline at the credits page, Rae been telling lily no like 50 times now, she was harsh because she just doesn't give up. Just like how Claire was harsh with Rae.

Finally a proper rejection. Glad this side story is over. At least it gave us a lot of funny Ralaire moments

Dex-chan lover
No, I expect that much. They'll flesh out what happens in the LN as they go along, but everything is in line with the LNs story, just with more depth when appropriate. By "regularly scheduled program," I meant back into the investigation proper. So, I wouldn't call that derailment. Nothing up to this point has derailed or contradicted the LNs, besides adding a few more Lily scenes in a way that made sense and provided some Easter eggs for those who've read the novels and know where to look.
Yeah this is on the money. Everything happening is in line with the novel, it's just spread out a little more to add with flow and so the manga has the right number of pages.

The last 2 chapters of LN2 have Rae do a bit of railroading without as much build up to each event so the manga is doing what it can to give the audience ideas before going all in on it.

I am rather curious what will happen in the next chapter though.
There's only one more chapter left in the manga volume and it doesn't seem like we've gotten to the mind games part with Salas yet before the Volcanic eruption. (Though they are clearly setting up the eruption). Do they plan on making it another volume? Cause one chapter seems like a bit much to do that whole scene without set up first. Looking forward to it.

P.S.

I completely forgot another important plot point that hasn't come up yet either
Rod's marriage proposal.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What hurts Lily the most is that Rae genuinely isn't romantically interested in her, and that's very clear to Lily from the way Rae behaves around her. She treats Lily as a friend, and Lily's crush like it's a child's infatuation.

Lily shamelessly throws herself at Rae and Rae mostly doesn't notice or acts as though she doesn't. Lily's fun but she's got to move on. Though she says she'll never give up, this is clearly the end of that, narratively. It's especially suspect when she's been repeatedly told that Rae and Claire are already an item.

I liked these add on chapters (they served the overall story well, even the Lily additions) but that should be the end of the side story. Now back to the regularly scheduled program. I can't wait to see how they flesh out what comes next.
Unrelated but what series is your profile picture?

Group Leader
Calling it a relationship feels a bit early. The feelings are there but Claire can’t reciprocate them for a number of reasons. Social standing being A pretty major one. Rae and Claire are currently a relationship with no future that Lily can see.

Dex-chan lover
I am sorry, but did you even read the first 30 chapters? Rae never actually tried getting together with Claire and only jokingly ”flirted“ with Claire… She was supporting/helping Claire getting with the Prince and didnt actually believe she would be with Claire and only wanted her to be happy with whoever she wanted to be with. It was only when the “Onee-san” came back and went after Claire that Rae actually started to try.
On the other hand Lily is selfish and just tries to steal someone that she knows have some kind of relationship with someone else

Also so in your mind there is no difference between someone jokingly going after someone thats single and someone going after someone that they know are basically already or extremely close to be in a relationship and tries getting in between the pair?

Users who are viewing this thread