I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The World of An Otome Game

When I saw the name "Bauer" and thought about gernan language in which it equals farmer or peasant or in chess even pawn... it looks so odd for a royal family's name XD

@icekatze while it's true Rei starts contact, she does so by greeting Claire who makes it a conversation.
I don't mean to move the goalposts, as Rei did in fact approach Claire, that said I think the point I made that Claire can break contact but doesn't and "continued interacting with Rei on her terms." applies here as Rei only greeted her, Claire then took the chance to try and dunk on her for being too uncultured to know what a greeting meant (the greeting in question being Gokigenyou in the original which is used both as hello and goodbye in Japan but is only used as hello in the otome game so that's why Rei screws it up)

On the point of Claire asking her to stop that's literally true but out of context, the full dialogue is: "Would you stop this already?! What's wrong with you? Telling me that you like me constantly, day after day?! Is this your way of making a fool out of me?!"
That last line really adds a bit more nuance to this as it presents that the issue is not so much Rei's confession but the fact that Claire doesn't believe she is earnest, rather she thinks Rei is trying to get back at her by making her uncomfortable.

So I stand by the points I made before; Rei may initiate by talking to Claire, but Claire still engages her on her terms, also Claire still doesn't properly reject her, because she doesn't actually acknowledge Rei's interest.

I'll stop posting because I seriously am edging dangerously close to spoilers. It's a good story guys; it ain't perfect and Rei is, well Rei, but give it a chance!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR SCANLATING THIS IVE BEEN WAITING FOR A YURI VILLAINESS ISEKAI FOR A WHILE

not quite what I expected but I’ll take what I got

Dex-chan lover
this got a manga adaption nice. I already pre-ordered the first volume of the LN

@zz2000
I thought the WN finished.

Glad to see this get an adaptation this was so far best yuri isekai WN out there for me

Dex-chan lover
ok this is great and awesome to have isekai yuri manga, but the thing that make it great is bucci gang took the project !!!

Aggregator gang
@Azero25: I discovered only yesterday, upon looking up the WN to reread it, that there is now apparently a continuation for this series, which is apparently ongoing (or at least hasn't been fully translated yet). I haven't started it, because I'm still just rereading the original right now, but there are some reviews on novelupdates that say that the new stuff isn't as good as the original. I'm going to withhold judgement until I've read it myself.

Dex-chan lover
I knew people will like it but to see almost 100 comments is very incredible for a new Yuri series....
It's the isekai part, right ? TwT

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata
Because it was originally from WN then made it to LN.
Yurihime then decide to adapt it as Manga.

So it's an adaptation from known series based on popular mainstream "Villainess" with Yuri twist instead making it questionable Yuri bait such as Hamefura which /u/ said likely will never end up as a Yuri (and got it's thread removed not long after).

Discovering that this story got an adaptation is the best way to wake up in the morning 😀

Users who are viewing this thread