I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The World of An Otome Game

Dex-chan lover
Okey, this is great. We have a good beginning, the two main protagonist make a good pairing (an Ojou-Sama and a masochist) and I'm looking forward to the next chapters BUT why didn't the author make the MC a lesbian ! When Claire ask her if she is of the other side she should have answered "Yes, so what ?" and continue her dialogue with Claire.
It could have explained even more why she like her so munch and not only " I'm a masochist and I want a blonde Ojou-Sama to bully me". And it wouldn't go against the establish character (even lesbian play Otome games). It's a shame that in a yuri manga, originally a light novel, they don't use the word lesbian or confirm the sexuality of the main character.
Come on it's a yuri manga, girls loving girls. It's about time to banalize the word lesbian on yuri manga, light novel, etc ...
I could also add the fact that Claire is clearly heterosexual and at the end of the story she will, maybe (I didn't read the novel), become gay ONLY for Rei. Ok yuri manga ...

Group Leader
@Machaka22
It's purposefully vague in the raws as well, but with Claire's wording I think she's asking her more along the lines of 'are you a masochist/are you into being bullied' rather than 'are you a lesbian', which is why Rei isn't 100% sure how to answer. Because trust me, Rei
is quite open about being gay when asked directly about it later.

Double-page supporter
@Machaka22 I will echo @Amarrez that Rei is totally gay and not hiding it. In fact, the novel is remarkably earnest about the challenges of actual LGBTQ people, rather than handwaiving it all away as yuri magic. While it's lighthearted fun most of the time, it can suddenly get sincere and serious about that aspect, to the point I'm already anticipating that the chapters with the serious talks will have an absolute glut of homophobic comments from the incels on MangaDex because it will make them *uncomfortable*.

Group Leader
Wow, this got a translation absurdly fast. I assumed one of the main yuri groups would pick it up. Well, don't let us down. And since you won't have to rush in the future, please translate the sound effects. A silent manga is a very sad manga.

Users who are viewing this thread