I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The World of An Otome Game

I'm caught up with the LN, a lot of them aren't like how I pictured but this is really cool

KZO

Dex-chan lover
Is it possible to be so sub that you become dom?

I don't think I've seen one where all 3 targets are princes, usually they've got different social positions

For the few that don't like the way Rei act, her attitude while never disappear it get toned down after the first few chapters of the LN. Personally, I like her either way.

Dex-chan lover
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Words can't describe my joy right now !!! FINALLY! THE MANGA! and it's so fun, seeing Claire wtf faces and all red from compliments and frustrations is the best hahahahaha xD Go and try to beat Rei lo/ I love ojou samas, I hope Rei can take her heart (also don't quote me with spoilers -.-)

Huh? some people don't like it? that's totally okay, but be sure to NOT click that follow button alright? but you're all smart so I don't need to tell you something so obvious, right?

Edit: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

@Lilliwyt I can ensure you that what you don’t need to worry about the MC, because there is a valid reason for her to be so obsessed with Claire. And I can also guarantee you that the relationship development between the two of them will one of the best you would have ever seen in yuri manga/novel, and it’s not related to the bullying, so you don’t need to worry about the bullying, either. The characters maybe annoying at first but both of them are great as the story reveals more about them, especially Claire. Hopefully this can ease your mind a little bit so that you don’t drop the series when it hasn’t even ‘begin’ yet.

Dex-chan lover
For the few that don't like the way Rei act, her attitude while never disappear it get toned down after the first few chapters of the LN.

Will see that but that's a huge letdown for me at the moment. Like i don't really like at all those kinds of annoying characters who just can't understand no or stop as an answer. At least she had a brief moment of lucidity by thinking she tease her too much buuut she goes back at it almost instantly after

Huh? some people don't like it? that's totally okay, but be sure to NOT click that follow button alright? but you're all smart so I don't need to tell you something so obvious, right?

It's just the 1st chapter, i can't quite judge it from that. I won't hit follow if it don't get my box check. Honestly, i'm more letdown because everyone seem so hype and i don't quite understand with this chapter only why. Mc is annoying, the other is in good way to become a cliche tsundere and even if i never play Otome, the 3 princes seem very cliches of those games. Like i said, i will wait to see before considering if i should drop or not so just take those judgments with a grain of salt, i could change opinions in the future.

@piporono If you say so, i will the judge for myself about that. I mean anywya, you could say that but i never been an expert of analyzing progression so i won't really know if it's good or not. You could say it's the best and i will like "Ok if you say so" and don't really care. You're maybe right but honestly i don't tend to think too much.

Edit : Funny that the second thing i don't understand the hype today after the announcement of pokemon Snap 2. Don't know if i'm out of the loop or anything.

Dex-chan lover
YEEEES! IT FINALLY HAS A MANGA! Rei and Claire are so great and seeing them like this instead of just reading makes me so happy! And the art looks so good too!

So I started reading the WN a few days ago, but I wanted to know: how many WN/LN chapters did this one manga chapter cover?

@NexusInfinity it adapted the first 5 chapters of the WN while changing and reordering some the events. Although, I don't know LN changed stuff from the WN or not, so it could be adapting that instead.

Oh man, time to redeem the first of my 3 cancellations I'm gonna get defending this series!

Before I do though, I want to say that Rei gets more bearable later in the series; I understand how problematic she is but she (the character) and the author are also aware I assure you and it will be addressed at one point. If you're thinking of dropping the series on these first chapters I just want to point out that while it has a bunch of problematic moments (looking straight at that one fucking couple) it also has a bunch of earnest moments of exploration of LGBT issues which I think does elevate it above its flaws.

That being said I'm here to get cancelled for victim blaming Claire so let me get on it. So Claire has an out, always; Rei begins their relationship clearly stating what she's wants and then it's on Claire to just leave her alone if she's not into it. If you check the chapter again you'll see Rei never begins an interaction with Claire and she panics upon hearing she would stop 'bullying' her because, well, that would sever their contact with each other.
Also, also I want to point out that Claire never actually addresses Rei's confessions, for the people saying she said no: She actually hasn't. At this point she still thinks Rei's just fucking with her so she's deflected or dismissed her as a joke but she hasn't clearly stated she's not interested and has continued interacting with Rei on her terms.

This is not to say this would fly in real life, I only think it's acceptable because, well it's a manga and both characters were written to never (or almost never on Rei's case,
I don't like how she gets her job, that is the one time I think she really oversteps into Claire's space)
overstep each other's boundaries.

I'm just trying to defend my problematic fave, because OH BOY does it get problematic.

@Strowy
and I have opinions about that but I think we can discuss that when we get to it, no need to fill the thread with spoilers

@Lilliwyt

About Rei's behaviour: she has a very real reason for it, which will get seriously addressed later on.

Light ones: Her aggressive masochism is a coping mechanism for dealing with her actual feelings.

EDIT:

@MorrisSohmer
Her job she gets relating to Claire was necessary to deal with the game's plot. She had to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread