I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Their First Contest (Part 2)

I really, absolutely deeply love this particular turn of events. It would have been easy to request something fleeting that Rei desired, like holding hands, a kiss or something else predictable, but that's not what she cares about. She knows how the game will go and what happens to villainesses and she wants Claire to never ever lose hope no matter what happens. That is such an impactful wish that only makes sense to someone who knows Otome games and loves the villainess of all people.

Oh and of course as the protagonist Rei has some bullshit ridiculous talent. But because this is intentionally part of the setting it doesnt feel like a problem (especially because she is not the strongest in this world by far, there are actually way crazier people out there).

This manga really captures the nuances well, love it. Thanks to the Bucci gang for translating it too, I know long chapters like that with lots of redraws are taxing.

Reactions: le3
Aggregator gang
That favor was really sweet, you can even see claire feel how earnest the MC is when she asks for her to never give up. Absolutely blessed.

Thanks for the chapter translators~

Might as well read the LN since it has the sequel already and trust me it's WONDERFUL. I'm not really a LN reader Andy but i got hooked up ever since i read IFtV (LN) then started to read other LN afterward

Rei is so sweet~ and because it's a manga, I find her obsessive side less prominent and more bearable than thé light novel. It's nice =)
Thanks for your work !

Fed-Kun's army
It's cute that there's going to be something between misha and prince yuu too

Dex-chan lover
I thought she is yuri version of Darkness, but I can't imagine Darkness to be this cool.

Dex-chan lover
@bidou without giving any spoilers, Yuu's character arc is one of my favourite parts of this series. Although it'll take years before the manga gets to that with the monthly release. It properly only starts in chapter 78 and the manga has only gotten to chapter 7

Thanks for the update, Bucci Gang!

I can relate with page 15 about fanfiction writer. It resonates well. But in comic universe like DC Comics, nah I can't.

And Rei asking Claire to not give up, is this foreshadowing? Or is this just her knows how Claire's end? She sure adores her.

Btw gay isekai is a delicious food.

And now that the results have been released, let Claire and Rei's relationship delve deeper. May Rei get her Clairium, and may I enjoy Clairs wonderful "Ohohoho" laugh.

@minyang6112 Its a good thought you have there, I suggest reading the WN (or maybe you have, since you know about Claire?) if you want to see the events the manga may cover.

Fed-Kun's army
Sooo cute. I have been starved for this manga, and like an oasis in a desert, you have saved me.

@AVanIsOnTheLoose I haven't read it but I think I'll soon. Thanks. Yeah it's the way Rei speaks to Claire is like someone who already watched a movie but didn't want to give its spoiler.

Dex-chan lover
wait that was actually sweet like rei is too op and basically rigged the game in the first place but all she asked was for claire to never give up (prob has something to do with the fact that claire is supposed to be the villainess)

Fed-Kun's army
I want to see them kiiiiiisssss

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CHAPTER <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
I loved it and can't wait for more >w<

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter, I was also very impressed to see Misha get the highest non-heroine score in the magic test, I wonder if that will come up later. Also good for the third prince he was able to beat his brothers in something at least. While I do love and enjoy the antics of Rei and Claire yeah that was kinda a cheap shot and dirty move on Rei's part with both her wording of their deal and her bringing up how important swearing to their deity is in that setting especially considering the the contest was rigged in her favor from the get go. I mean I enjoyed and appreciated what her wish was and it was her way of both encouraging Claire as well as showing how much Claire means to her but it still felt like prick play. LOL that and Rei's arrogant I know the game better then the people who made it bugged me to a degree.
Otherwise it was a fun and enjoyable chapter thank you again for the hard work and I found it a bit odd that Rodd didn't seem at all bothered or surprised when he found out Rei's results in the magic test.

Users who are viewing this thread