I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - To be a Lily

Dex-chan lover
Niceee I like how the artsyle of the artist is gradually changing and improved. I love it better.

DAMN!!!!! Wow! Impressif! Now now calm down fellas, our ship just opened tsundere-flag ! Damn!! This is become more interesting. YURI FOR LIFE!!!!!

Group Leader
Chapter 8 is translated and typeset, just getting it proofread by a few people. Expect an update within a day or two.

"My goal isn’t to be with Lady Claire, I just wish to make her happy.” I KNEW IT! From the first chapters, I got this weird feeling about Rei. Like, I knew her feelings are genuine and deep, but somehow her actions felt like she’s holding back. I legit teared up at this chapter urgh REI BEST GIRL! I hope as the story progresses, she can be more selfish, it’s okay to want Claire for herself too.

if she’s not attracted to males, how come she bought an otome game?

just to clarify: I’m not trying to be bigoted saying something like “she is clearly lying because blah”. I am not trying to say that. I was just wondering if there is a plot reason like maybe she wasn’t sure what she was and discovered her feelings through Claire.

Dex-chan lover
@Leenon Us gay girls can still like het romance fiction, whether books, movies, or games. Especially if it’s well-written and/or has a particularly interesting element, which is obviously what Rei felt about the game.

But it would be really cute if Claire was her epiphany, true.

being a homo means jail or death in most cultures prior to modern day (tho still is a thing in a lot of muslim countries). That or becoming a social pariah. You'd think the MC would be removed from the princess' service after something like that.

@KSHCKLD

"Ancient Greece" is a bit of a broad term, considering how different greek states were from each other. Some were fine with it, some weren't.

Fed-Kun's army
I liked this chapter and especially how it deals with sexuality - it's a nice breath of fresh air imo

@Leenon
While I cannot say for sure with Rei, there is a fair chance she simply purchased it as something piqued her interest. I cannot see myself in a romantic relationship with any males, yet I own quite an expansive collection of otome games. Sometimes you're a fan of the protagonist's design, others you hear the OST and want to listen to it in it's original work, some still may have an interesting plot, and past that it could be as simple as "pretty art".

One of my absolute favourite games is a simple ren'py otoge with about 30 hours of story max, but I have over 250 hours of tracked time on it because I continously replay it for scenes with the protagonist. I've also looked into the world of the game and have even begun to help the devs with bug testing their later works. All of this without a single love interest I am attracted to- their protagonists are just that much to my preferences.

While it would be interesting if Rei was questioning but seeing Claire in game solidified her orientation, there isn't a clear indicator that this was the case. It would be hella nice to see, though.

wow what a great chapter! i’m glad we finally have an explanation of rei’s feelings. the conversation about sexuality was done really well too!

@Leenon

Well, I think there are straight males who like otome too. And there are straight females who like galge. People's taste can be so contradicting sometimes haha. I didn't even notice it myself about the contradiction before reading ur comment, I was kinda so used to it---

I like the idea of Rei realizing her sexuality after she noticed her love for Claire tho. But, seems like Claire wasn't her first love since Rei did say that she only can distance herself at the moment she fell in love (which indicates she has fallen in love before, probably when she was in high school? Or maybe she actually has discovered Claire since back then??? lol my memory isn't that good, I forgot the earlier chapters)

--

ALSOOO THIS CHAPTER IS SO AMAZING!!! It hits way too close to home damn my feelings--- ah, and I was kinda worried Rei was the type who will keep pushing her sexuality on her straight girl crush but I was mistaken, sorry Rei~

Thank u sm for the update! <3

Users who are viewing this thread