I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - To be a Lily

Dex-chan lover
@Thelilwitch iirc, the mangaka is also LGBTQ+ community so a lot is so well done cause it's written from their own perspective/experiences/thoughts on the matter.

Group Leader
This was a nice light hearted chapter. LGBTQ+ communites can be quite depressing after all

"Lady Claire has someone she likes, I want to support her. I'm satisfied just being near her. Furthermore, My goal isn't to be with Lady Claire, I just wish to make her happy."

— I Favor The Villainess, Chapter 7. Rei Taylor.

Group Leader
I released a quick "hotfix" of sorts, if you guys notice any mistakes left over feel free to point them out here or in my DMs
(specifically the big thing i changed is that, while Rei does make the distinction between sex and gender many times in the series, this is not one of those times.)
Apologies for assuming instead of translating things as-is m(_ _)m

Attaching garbage politics, that wasn't present in the original chapter. A worrying sign indeed. I wonder why that happened. Something on that page, must have hit a nerve. This has happened yet again. Translator A is too slow. Then translator B appears and butchers it. Extremely predictable at this point.

Group Leader
@fleeingpasserby I won't shy away from saying I made a mistake and that I'm not as good as the original group but I assure you the "garbage politics" have been in the work since the webnovel, a simple look at Inori-sensei's twitter (inori_narou) should tell you as much .
If you're not one to enjoy LGBT themes in media then this series is not for you, believe me or don't as you see fit.

@boag

Lionel Higgins (Dear White People), Robin Buckley (Stranger Things), Raymond Holt (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)

Billie Jean King (Battle of the Sexes), Amy (Booksmart), Chiron (Moonlight)

Even side characters like Giles in The Shape of Water are more relatable than Rei.

EDIT - I do wish to correct my earlier claim. Gay people are relatable, and they don't need films to *make* them so. What should have said is that there are numerous shows/films that depict relatable gay characters.

Group Leader
@fleeingpasserby As I said, not pushing my own agenda, there's at least 3 separate trans characters in the series and Rei speaks out about the difference between sex and gender multiple times. The wording was odd and it confused me, apologies if my work translating from my third language into my second is shoddy but I'm really not injecting anything into the work. If I'd been trying to push an agenda I wouldn't have corrected the mistake in the first place.
Read the light novel if you don't believe me but don't try to push blame onto me for anything more than a genuine mistake.

EDIT: Actually, since I'm sure you won't bother to check, here's a passage copied and pasted directly from chapter 192 of the web novel (which is available on Jingle Translations for you to double check):
Even in the twenty-first-century, this kind of thinking was something that was not fully supported either.

“Biological sex is not necessarily the same as gender identity, Your Honor.”
“Gender identity?”
“Yes. Most people don’t even notice these things because their sexes and genders are the same, but there’s a minority of people that suffer because both of those things don’t match.”

the discussion here about this chapter is overwhelming.. **popcorn time..**
how amusing..

are people in the comments genuinely upset bc a girl/girl comic is actually talking abt sexuality? what, are wlw only allowed to talk abt their attraction when theyre fucking?

Users who are viewing this thread