I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - To be a Lily

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the update.

As I kept reading this chapter I felt just how important it is. I don't even want to read the comments, I'm okay just thinking about this chapter and how it will go in the future. In the end, I really liked it, it felt much needed.

Thanks again for the update.

Dex-chan lover
most western audience just whine and bitch all day about a fictional character being yuri
this is why we can’t have good pieces of fiction in the 21st century

Wow, Misha sounds quite progressive until you look at it in context. Where the world is set in a pseudo-medieval period (where superstition and intolerance were widely prevalent), and the fact that it was written by an author from a country where homosexual marriage is still illegal. Taken in that context, her words ring rather hollow to me.

@Kiraidesu not "your world" because you actually get cucked hard by serious countries.
Also pathetic shits like you act like being normal is a sin , you should pray i dont find you on the street.

The problem is that LGTBI collectives in the West have become so radicalized and politicized that they have become a nuisance to some people (myself included) so they prefer to avoid issues involving such discussion.

I am against the path this collective is taking and I consider myself to be bisexual, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't deal with the problems of harassment that people of different sexual orientation suffer, in Asian countries this happens much more (especially in China) in Japan not so much.

Just don't try to stereotype all people, not all homosexuals feel identified with the LGBT collective like not all women with feminism, not all Catholics with the Pope, etc.

Dex-chan lover
@watawata i agree with you. im lets just say from line family that doesnt support it, but that doesnt mean despise/or need it to be erradicated. its more like neutral, do what you want to do and i do what i want to do. but damn, lately everything almost become radicalized and politicized. kinda sore in the eye.

On another note, here's the original chapter, for anyone curious & wanting a deeper look into Rei's character: https://jingletranslations.wordpress.com/2018/10/13/i-favor-the-villainess-15/

Edit:
@Bluehammer12 Actually, the manga/WN is much more progressive than that, given that the author herself is intersex and has shown herself to be highly aware of other LGBTQ+ issues.

This chapter was nice but damn the homophobic in the comments (especially on a GL comic like come on)

What feels illegal but isn't? Talking about homophobia in a gay manga.
Dear @fleeingpasserby
1. If you do not like when manga turns from 2 dimentional to realistic and relatable for 80% of its fan base for just one half of the chapter, you can kindly f*ck off, dear sir.

2. If you found it uncomfortable, do not blame the kind translator for content YOU chose to read. PS. Huge thanks to the translator! You rock!

3. If you prefer "fluffy yuri" then go read yuru yuri.

A story should always remain true to the author and, having read the novel, this story has the potential to be #1 in list of top lgbtq manga. Don't like it? Go watch highschool dxd and do your homework, kids. No one cares if your jimmies were rustled.

Fed-Kun's army
wow that was strangely..... one of the most mature conversations abt homosexuality ive seen in manga. i like how open rei is with it (i am as well) while also being cowardly with her feelings and hiding it behind a carefree lighthearted manner so as not to be taken seriously. mood honestly. im glad claire stood up for her it rlly warms my heart when surrounded by friends who love and accept u for who u are and are willing to correct people/fight for u when u just stay quiet bc ur used to shit like being misgendered or being made fun of for your sexuality.

idk most gay japanese media dont cover this topic seriously enough ig glad to see representation of it.

@Kabeidon

What are you so pressed about? It is their world regardless of your "other countries" bs, no one here is being "cucked" in a mangadex yuri comment section lma0
Though, your whining does sound like someone who was "cucked" by reading fictional content that doesn't appeal to their tastes😅

Users who are viewing this thread