I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - To be a Lily

Double-page supporter
Looking at these comments, I want to see a manga now based off comment sections. Could be a good 4-koma.

I'm not an expert in this discussion and am still finding myself confused at times. I just have one simple principle.

Respect others' preferences and identity.

That's all you need to do, really. Understanding and true comprehension can come later.

@Nyashi

There is a pretty big difference between being a trans ally, which Rei is, and saying that gender matters to gay people but sex doesn't. It was a pretty big mistake to make Rei say something so homophobic

Wow, seeing such a straightforward yet nuanced discussion on LGBT sexuality in a manga is amazing! Never thought I’d see the day tbh.

If only Rei didn’t annoy the hell out of me and her creepy BS didn’t get so casually dismissed, then I’d totally fall in love with this manga.

Guess I'm dropping this manga then.

I read yuri for the L, because I'm gay, not for TQ+ stuff as I distance myself from that in general, so not my thing.

Sorry, but sex absolutely matters to me while I couldn't care less about gender, so a work that seems to be the opposite won't be my cup of tea.

Thanks for the translation anyway, of course!

Dex-chan lover
@goatriderbob chill out dude, no need to feel offended for a translation mistakes, instead you should thank the translator for all the effort involved
I didn't want to say it but truly, getting offended by a fictional context really is sad and pathetic...

@boag

I'm sorry I cannot follow your request.

You asked me for a list and I gave one. Instead of replying to the content of my post you wave me off as homophobic? Further, you accuse my post of being the most problematic you have ever seen. I am genuinely puzzled, I must ask for further explanation here. You no longer strike me as an honest interlocutor.

@shemper If you’re gonna translate stuff in a misleading way you deserve to get criticised for it, otherwise just let more capable translators do the job

Dex-chan lover
@goatriderbob you claim a fictional character from a manga is a trans ally when nothing leaded to this conclusion and then you attacked a translator that put his energy and time in our service, and not even a thanks, the translator isn't in the mind of the author, you should be ashame of a such behavior
Yes he did a mistake, it's in the past, no harm done, stop taking everything so seriously

edit: also you say "translate stuff in a misleading way", don't change the reality because it doesn't suit you, it was a mistake, not an intention, because yes, intention matters

Dex-chan lover
Man I can't follow conversations that go on for more than a couple comments. Mangadex needs a quote button.

And Rae is 100% a trans ally; she'll drop what she's doing to help LGBTQ+ characters.

@shemper The translator has said he mistranslated it that way partially because Rei is a trans ally later in the LN, and I’m saying there’s a big difference between being a trans ally and what he had her say in the wrong translation. And I’m not gonna suck up to anyone who wants to put up fast, shoddy translations, this series already had a good translator on it.

Users who are viewing this thread