I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 7.5

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait for a real chapter :) Claudia is 100% protecc and adorable status and I hate how much she's had to suffer in both lives.

Dex-chan lover
japanese still have a bit of racial fear.
once i went to japan and got lost in the underground train station(shit's large, dude).to make things worse, it's about 9 PM.
and i tried to communicate with broken nihongo with this lady(the only one i found in like 5-10 minutes). just when i said 'sumimasen'(excuse me) she bolted like i'm the devil.

in the end, i got help from the local dance gang(used to do break dance here).
i know where that lady is coming from. it's quite late. i'm a man. but i'm still asian. a nerd at that. is my face really that scummy?
to this day, that lady traumatized me.

Aggregator gang
@comedyxtragedy: me too:
- Reading Reincarnated as a white pig: people complain about MC body shaming herself (lol)
- Reading Beware of brothers: people complain about MC didn't do anything to save those who bullied her badly

It's funny that they always complain about the setting of a manga.

Dex-chan lover
So will HaruParty eventually drop this manga?
When Claudia's skin becomes white

Hq9yPKw.png

Fuck you Japan. That's why everyone over there are cucks and most likely infertile as hell. Colorist cunts bring back my chocolate waifu

Aggregator gang
While I do prefer the slightly darker tone due to the symbolism of her magic...
Later in the story she receives the blessing of the Light Spirit King, which manifests in a slightly lighter skin tone (and access to basic healing magic). I personally like the previous tone as a way to make her appearance unique among the rest of the cast, but the lighter tone DOES have an in-universe reason. Just though I'd point that out before anyone with a single-digit IQ starts barking "muh reycism".

i don't think it's just about racial discrimination the story is focused on but also what the protagonist wants which is familial love or something similar and yes the color change is quite distasteful , I just think it just shows how much pain she is in after the others completely turned a 180

i also wished the author change this to something else but I can only express my opinion and please don't hate guys :p maybe she'll revert back at some point

Double-page supporter
CHOCLATE RAIN!
Some stay dry and others feel the pain!
CHOCLATE RAIN!

That was actually cuter than most. I thought the spirit would just go "oh don't worry, I already saw the creation of your kind so your naked body does not provide discomfort whatsoever"

@Karmichel
pretty much the same situation from latinamerica, yup being (and want to be) white "subculture" is still strong here (reinforced with foreigner tourism, unfortunately)
still baffles me how clasism got sidelined or outright denied in favor to (often related and with the same roots) racism.

EDIT
I replied to the wrong user, sorry

Dex-chan lover
THANK YOU FOR THE LAST PAGE the colorism/prejudice against brown skin is soooo ludicrous here i aint even mad just disappointed 🙄 also @ the spoilers in the comments abt what happens to protag makes me wanna 🔪🔪

btw for anyone who may not know: colorism is sorta like... a branch of racism (but is in itself a whole separate issue), where the discrimination isn’t directed at racial groups, but rather skin color. i.e. in a lot of Asian countries, light/white skin is seen as beautiful and tanned/brown skin is deemed ugly (this is colorism, not racism). colorism can apply to people of the same racial group (light-skinned vs tanned Japanese ppl for example) hence the distinction.

Aggregator gang
I smiled, but tbh the left side still isn't dark enough.

Fed-Kun's army
Hope that white cover was an edit, it would actually go against the story to whitewash the MC

They really be out here editing the cover for a manga about a girl treated as an outsider and discriminated against for having dark skin. Talk about tone deaf.

I hope people don't get mad when it's part of the plot and it makes sense. I'm just happy for her.

Users who are viewing this thread