I'm not a villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
@VIVIT pretty sure all the people that dont bother commenting will flood the comments, but those of us that dont care/understand that japan is different than the west will continue on as normal. 100+ comments for sure tho

Dex-chan lover
Just a reminder: the next chapter will most likely upset some people. If you wish to be spoiled read spoilers below.

After Grace, the Light Spirit King, refuses to help the “heroine” and the “heroine” attempts to murder Claudia with a knife. Gerald stops her and mentions about that if Claudia truly was what they thought of her, “a horrible person who will eventually destroy the world”, he says the world would have already ended because of how they treated her. But he states that Claudia would never use Gerald’s powers like that, and it was why he chose her. Grace also chimes in and says that earlier in the “heroine”’s life, her soul was beautiful, but eventually became tainted and she had hoped it would go back. Grace then says she will no longer be with the “heroine” and thus the “heroine” goes to the dungeon.

What happens next is the cause of fan backlash. The whitewashing.

As to somewhat apologies to Claudia, Grace gives her a blessing which would let her using healing magic. However the side effect is that because Grace is the Light Spirit King, she has enough of an effect to accidentally change Claudia’s skin color from the dark shade she had to match Grace’s. Grace unfortunately only gives an apology about that and just disappears after that. Grace is more..........ditzy blonde stereotype than I expected in the next chapter for the manga. Her WN version didn’t show this.....

This particular changes causes Claudia a number of new issues. 1. She can’t trust people who instantly switch their treatment of her. All she sees is malice behind it. 2. Her parents’ change causes her to finally lash out at them for what they did. And she runs away subsequently upset. 3. She can’t get used to it since she was so used to seeing herself with the darker skin.

She gets applications for maids again because now she’s no longer dark skin. She’s getting various marriage proposals, but how many are because of her light skin or the fact she has the Dark Spirit King by her side. Who knows here.

Claudia herself is not really pleased with the change. She eventually accepts it but it takes a while.

@VIVIT
Wait is this actually bad? Im enjoying this one so far but ive yet to see how a villainness plot get to se beyond their end flag
And the rating is 7.9 now, it might go higher

I also kinda felt that peeps are having a problem with dark skinned mc, racism?

Dex-chan lover
@hayatekanzaki
Well, it's good at least to know that Claudia isn't immediately like "yes, I'm white now!" and it's something Grace even apologizes for.

Did later chapter say or reveal about the guy who is actually tell the game heroine to spout all those nonsense about Claudia???

People that may be upset should consider that
we'll see a lot of people trying to be nice to her just because she changed her skin colour... and she'll despise them because they are two-faced, so I think it can be a nice plot point instead of an upsetting development, since it's not considered a good thing in itself

Dex-chan lover
@theShear
Levi agrees with you lul since the story shifts to a romance one

@sweet-potato
Claudia: *looks in the mirror to see her light-skin self* Who tf is this?
Friends: *nods in agreement*
Readers: *nods in disappointment*

Double-page supporter
I was originally excited for the next chapter but then I read the comments and spoilers and now am worried.... uuuurgghh plz no

Dex-chan lover
@Valknight
She goes through quite a few problems when it happens but eventually overcomes them with help of her TRUE FRIENDs she already made + her siblings

Omg, I was just going to comment that I don't care about the MC's skin color but when that random dude said "she looks exotic" I just got triggered wtf, lmao.

In other things, idk how good is the quality of the storyline in general, I shouldn't be bothered by this kind of development since the story is quite cliché from the very beginning but still, I'm so tired of the 'heroine' turning into a 'villainess' or not even that because she's so stupid, I guess the character deserved better. Also kinda tired as well of the ugly duck who was not ugly nor a duck, turning into a beautiful swan beloved by everyone and who will have everything, and many other situations that I think hasn't been well solved by the author.

Edit: oh, I've read the spoilers, so it is ok to have hopes? It doesn't sound bad, but somehow I'm still kinda annoyed, lol.

In good things, all the spirits are gorgeous af and I love her bro, lol.
Tnks for your hard work, is awesome as always. ( ˘ ³˘)♥

I just skim the raw and
Intention or not, I still like how she just get her skin color change and people around her treat her differently, especially her parent.

Double-page supporter
This is such stereotypical villainess behavior from the self-proclaimed heroine.

Double-page supporter
big glasses and twin pigtail hairstyle...
yep this kind of girls usually innocent to the max, or wicked on the inside to the max....

Users who are viewing this thread