I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Group Leader
@Angibot Not "Black" black, but more mocha or Black (Kuro) Gyaru in color (See Spoiler Image). Japan reserves actual black people for stereotypes or rapist mob characters in Hentai.

R4lSY0u.jpg

@DaJa-rahrah That reminds me of the "Ginger Curse" comic I saw.

kvQoaj4.png

Oh man that annoyed me, like very much, coud be the hair or the eyes, but whitewashed her hurt me a lot, dammit

Dex-chan lover
who cares what color her skin is?!! It doesn't change who she is. and this is what her skin would had looked like if she didn't have the dark spirit king's blessing.

Double-page supporter
#DownWithTheLightSpiritKing How dare they whitewash her. And suddenly everyone wants to be nice to her and pretend they were not all scum her whole life.

now that she is white, she will be a queen, now her parents will treat her well, and everyone will wish to be her friend

tenor.gif

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEREE

Uf, i had to get that out of my system, goddammit, this chapter was so funny, it was so bad that its funny hahahaha

Thanks for translating!!

Lmao yo, her parents are white. She isn't supposed to be black (no racist intended), even her hair isn't supposed to be black.
She is black because the blessing of the dark spirit king. Her skin turned fair because of light spirit king blessing...

Maybe turning her hair to blonde or white instead of turning her skin fair because of blessing suits you guys pallate more? :/

Dex-chan lover
That's strange, I went to the raws to check this chapter out beforehand and her skin color after she was blessed...was still dark! But here it changed! Weird.
Anyway, this is such a bad change, and I'm not just talking about race here. I am not qualified to talk about that, there are others who can take care of that angle.
Fortunately, there are OTHER reasons why the skin color change was a bad choice!

1. The meta angle: This is a manga adaptation of a light novel. I haven't read the LN, so I don't know how the skin change was described over there, but the manga already has a disadvantage- the manga is in black and white. So either her skin was going to look muted, which would make it hard to tell anything changed, or poor Claudia was going to look like she had white powder layered all over her skin. It just looks bad either way.
2. In-universe angle: ...can you actually tell, in-story, that something changed? I mean, imagine being there, seeing a young girl's skin change from tan to...pale? Is that something that noticeable? Actually scratch that: I'd argue the people of that world would be even more frightened. She still has the "dreaded" black hair, and now her skin turned into a ghostly pale pigment. I dunno, I think the dumbasses of this world would be more uneasy!

Obvious solution: change her hair color from black to blonde (or part of her hair idk which). Would be more noticeable, would make her fit in with her family, and dark-skinned girls with blonde hair look cute anyway lol. Otherwise, don't bother with appearances, give her like a marking/tattoo or something.

1. Why the fuck did they whitewash her?????
2. God I'm so happy she just didn't immediately forgive her parents because if she did I would've been pissed

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping they wouldn't. Foolishly thinking they wouldn't go the same route as the source. Naive and silly me. They just had to literally white wash the main character. Nope, I'm out.

Dex-chan lover
the character was always an anime tan, not literally black. holy crap you people are desperate for reaching.

God when I read that in the novel I was so angry with everyone, I honestly wanted her to end the entire kingdom.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t see why everyone accused the author of racism, when it’s a metaphor for how different she thinks of herself - her skin was slightly tanned, not black or brown.

Ahhh I saw this coming because I read some of the translated novel before and knew it would be a shit show. And it really was a shit way to go.

I'm glad they're touching on the "youse didn't love me when I was dark skinned, forgiveness ain't free motherfucker" aspect of the whole thing though. I hope they actually see it through and don't just give it some unsatisfying ending.

Users who are viewing this thread