I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Man, she does look kind of weird with white skin, I liked the dark tone way more.

But to be honest I don't think this is a bad plot development. Yes I agree that this would be bad if after changing color skin everyone would treat her better and she'd become happy. The old white is good, dark is bad cliche.

But that didn't happend. People did change their actitude towards her, treat her better and with apparent kindness, but that was not portrait as a positive thing. She hated it "All the friendliness people show towards me now, I see it as malice". The change of her skin color did't change who she was, what the people did to her. The change only let us know that most of the people around her are trash that only care about the color of her skin.

Double-page supporter
@Walter_vi_Britannia
This is not racist because this is not American. The rest of the world doesn't have a history of slavery of a specific race of people so stop bringing your values out here on a Japanese manga. Difference in skin color is to us like the difference of fur color in dogs...it doesn't matter.
you think only america participated in the atlantic slave trade? racism only exists ("in the one country") where slavery was involved? what are you smoking over there in your racism-free country?

Dex-chan lover
THIS is why there’s 300+ comments in 3 hours?! For God’s sake, this isn’t Twitter, get your political iffiness somewhere else.

Can a mod come in and lock this comment section of it’s possible? Don’t think this is gonna get any better.

Dex-chan lover
The entire point of the first 11 chapters is not to judge a person by the color of his/her skin.

This chapter is "its ok she was white after all". Its like the ugly duckling. https://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/1549721202-20190209.png

You should've at least made her skin latina colored. Stupid pure white color when it was supposed to be tanned. Bleh.
@thorlong dang she got fucked hard. Who fucked her btw?

Fed-Kun's army
Not to pile on to this comment dump, but doesn't
her skin color change back in the novel? Or am I remembering something different?

MFW everyone in the comments screaming racism and completely missing the story beat that she's always been a good person, everyone is just treating her better now because of in-universe colorism. I would have preferred that the author had kept her skin white and made her hair blonde or something, then later on, have her willingly return to her dark hair and skin because that's what she's comfortable with and so she can know who her real friends are.

Do people not know how to critically think now, or do they just enjoy getting mad at things?

Group Leader
@GuardianCraze I made them aware when I posted the chapter (so they've been monitoring it to make sure it doesn't get out of hand). A couple replies have already been moderated 🤣

Fed-Kun's army
I'm glad there wasn't an "all is forgiven" cop out, but it hurts my heart to see Claudia so sad!!!

I'm not mad that her skin colour was changed, because frankly, a person's skin does not define them. Even if her colour changed she's still the same Claudia we know and love. I love chocolate Claudia and I appreciate Milk Claudia, I will miss our lovely chocolate but for now I will make due with pure milk.
I love that she didn't accept their half hearted apologies, I was a bit worried about that but now I have nothing to worry about. Claudia ia right to not accept it. Those axx wipes. Tsk.
Anyways, thank you so much for this chapter, I love this manga. Keep up the good work folks.

>turning dark skinned characters white is BAD and -ism-phobic it needs to change!
>but turning white-skinned characters into black-skinned characters is GOOOOOOOOD and should stay that way!
I say fuck you. It's a great change of pace over this needlessly delusional obsession with 'liberal' diversity.

Users who are viewing this thread