I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
@Solistia lol glad you knew people were gonna rage about it beforehand and thought of that ahead of time. Seriously it’s sad that people can’t help but be overly-critical and cry about racism no matter what anyone says.

Thanks for the upload! Keep up the good work.

well... uhm... this is awkward...

I understand her skin was dark because of the dark spirit king blessing and It turned back to the original (white) once the light spirit queen gave her a blessing and neutralized the magic or whatever inside her.

but still, it came out wrong...

Double-page supporter
@JWChibi That sort of poor=tanned, rich=pale colorism is also part of the rampant Classism present in the West, my favorite English lit teacher I had in High School brought it up when we were reading Sonnet 130 in class because of the "If snow be white why then her breasts be dun" line talking about how classism effects ideal beauty standards

tHE XENOPHOBIA OR SMTH- this is why i’m so fed up w japan, come ON, it’s 2020. Well, thanks for the chapter!

@kowoyoshi why just the skin? why not the hair? the eyes? no one have dark eyes or hair...
The author chose to change the skin, he expected the controversy, he wanted the discussion and he don't care about the meaning of anything, author only wants to sell novels and manga, no matter what, and yes, he tried to use race bait shit.

Fed-Kun's army
So glad she doesn’t forgive her parents. I’m a bit iffy with the dad since he at least kind of tried but her mother is a monster

Skin color aside, I’m really glad that she’s angry and disappointed. I was afraid that it was going to be those tropes where they would be forgiven instantaneously. Just listening to them talking to her made me feel nauseous. “All this time I’ve been afraid of you, but things have changed”, “I know I will be walking a difficult path trying to act like your mother but I wish to be by your side”, and the fact that she was sobbing because Claudia said she was too late to act like a mother??? Claudia has every right to be angry and upset and disappointed. Her parents had no reason whatsoever to be crying. They weren’t the ones who were wronged their whole lives, she was the one mistreated. She was the one who had parents be afraid of her, a child, simply because... she was being protected? By a spirit? And the fact that her mother even knew that Claudia was trying to save her little brother? Makes her so much worse?

“It’s only because I have been blessed by the light spirit that people, you, have changed your treatment of me.”

“That’s not true, you saved Sylphonse when he fell off the balcony!”
When she was a child, yet you bring this up only after she mentions being blessed? And wait until now, after being blessed, to confess knowing that she saved her brother? And not years before?

There was no true apology for her mistreatment. Her apology was not genuine, as her whole word structure made it so she pitied herself. “It will be hard acting as your mother”, and then the so-called “I’m so sorry” and then bursting into tears? They’re apologizing not for Claudia’s sake. They’re apologizing to rid themselves of their guilt. They assumed she wanted them to be any part of her life anymore. She never asked for an apology, she never asked for her parents to be by her side. Claudia never asked for anything. Her mother just ‘apologized’ and assumed that Claudia even still wanted her in her life. “I know I’ve caused you so much pain and trauma, but I’ll make it up to you and apologize by staying by your side after you’ve been blessed by the light spirit king.”

I hope Claudia never forgives them.

Her parents are blond with an all white environment, so people over reaacting fail to recognize details (especially" its 2020 xenophobhia" guy)

I am obama black in skin and my whole clan (distant relatives) dont mind it in stories especially if in a past like setting. The people noting that are either trolls or malicious people trying to take advantage with bs. Actually some might just be reading this very chapter bc of the bs hype and commenting bs.

I dunno what some people are sayin', she's totally in her right mind to not trust them after suddenly being thrown back in forth in life because of their whims. She had hope when her mom agreed to teach her but was quickly thrown aside after SAVING her younger sibling's life. The only time they decide to suddenly turn over a new leaf is when she's a hero? When she returns from battle?? Yikes

"dont judge a book by its cover" an old and well used theme but still applicable today as it was in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread