I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Group Leader
i- i thought whitewashing was a problem with hollywood, this is mega cringe

obligatory Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
tbh maybe it fits better for telling the story to have her be white just to show how people try to act like she is somehow normal now
wouldnt have worked the same had her eye colour or hair colour changed
but idk if someone is blind and is told she blessed by the dark spirit king then how are they to know shes white now

I was feeling really bad about the skin colour thinking “oh great now everyone is gonna act all nice to her and we’ll all act like she was never shunned”. Boy was I wrong.
Instead, I’m incredibly happy over the fact that the author didn’t make Claudia turn over a new leaf. She recognized how the way her parents were reacting was waaaay to late, and only because her skin colour changed. Like what the hech why is the mom crying?? She’s acting like she hasn’t had all this time to try and connect with Claudia.

Anyways, I’m not so sure I’m happy with the actual appearance change with Claudia, but I sure am happy with the way the situation was handled afterwards. (If that makes sense lol)

I don’t think the author intended to whitewash. They probably just wanted to mix the features of both the dark and light spirit kings into Claudia to show she received their blessings.

@SylverDrawer

Exactly. THEY burned the bridges, yet THEY'RE THE ONES CRYING AND ACTING HURT?!!
Claudia's spent her whole life in this world being feared, hated, ostracized, harassed, and bullied because of things that were out of her control (the previous precedent, and the Dark Spirit King's blessing).
Now that the Light Saint has sunk herself like a moron, all of the hypocritical judgemental RATS are jumping ship and swimming for the "2nd best" (and only other) option, and HER "parents" (one of the first people to truly wound Claudia's battered heart) are jumping on the bandwagon because not doing so at this point would ruin any chance of reconciliation in the future (and probably look REALLY REALLY BAD on their behalf).
The fact that the other side had to self-destruct first before they (HER BIOLOGICAL PARENTS) were willing to even ATTEMPT to support Claudia now MUST HAVE HURT like a b*tchslap to the face.

Claudia has grown up expecting practically nothing from them, yet they STILL managed to disappoint her.
In their pitiful attempt to salvage the long-destroyed ashes of the bridge that THEY burned, they only managed to TWIST THE DAGGER DEEPER.

Fed-Kun's army
I am glad to see that she didn’t forgive her parents just yet. Indeed, it was too little too late.

pretty pissed about the skin color change but at least it's going in a real direction

Good for her! Standing up against those terrible excuse for parents.

Thank you for translating this new chapter!

So many scream about the change without realizing or at least accepting that without the dark spirits blessing she would be blond and fair skinned like her family it is closer to her being melanistic(reverse albino) and them finding a partial treatment.

As for people saying why couldn't her hair or eyes have changed instead I think 2 reasons mainly one is in most magic like systems magic is more consentrated in those areas so they were probably more resistant to the change then her skin and second the hypocrisy that is caused by the change. Hair or eyes wouldn't let a random passersby accept her with out a second glance but skin tone will considering they are in an area where it means one thing only to have darker skin and then the contrast it creates for how she is treated and her trying to reconcile with everyones hypocrisy.

Dex-chan lover
lmao they hit her with that whitewashing.

Which, no, I'm not saying she's caucasian (though the assumption she's japanese isn't necessarily true either, they're in a fantasy world of ambiguous race, all we know is nearly everyone is pale, real japanese people can be either pale or not pale) just that she got lightened.

IMO she looked better before, but is what it is either way.

Does feel good that she didn't just accept her parents after all they've done prior, lol. It's also kinda a shame, she deserves to find people who liked her in spite of her dark spirit king blessing, but now there's that inherent doubt of anyone who approaches her after this point since they only did so after she got the light blessing too.

Fed-Kun's army
Did the light spirit king just make her white? Tf? I thought it was like an art style change for that one scene but that actually happened

There you idiots, it has nothing to do with white washing or race or whatever, it's about the blessing, nothing more nothing less, appearance was caused from LIGHT blessing, light you know, SHINING? Don't bring race into this, it's about how shadow is evil and light is good. Alignment! Not Race!

i... i can't be the only one who thinks it's weird that the author chose to make her turn white with the blessing?? LOL Like i understood that the reason dark skin was considered 'ugly' before was because it was scary? since it represented dark magic, but i mean c'mon

People are just being idiots because she was "whitewashed" don't even realize that at best, her skin tone was tanned. If you look at previous colored pages and manga, she should have the same characteristics of the Dark Spirit King. It's like staying out of the sun for a long time and your skin getting white. People are getting mad over nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread