I'm not a villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
@Umesan that doesn't negate my statement. People are born with circumstances, and one-sidedly "fixing" them is more toxic than the whole skin/racial thing you've got going on. Would she have chosen to be fair-skinned at birth? Yes. That's not the same as choosing to have it NOW, and is no less of a problem as the treatment of her being flipped around among other people.

Now i get what all the fuss is about lol. She had a darker skin because of the dark spirit blessing, not because she was born like that. It makes sense from the stand point of the story that if she gets the light spirit blessing, the dark and light spirit would negate each other (as in physical appareance aspect) and give her back her ORIGINAL skin color. But I am still confused as to if people are editing her to still have the darker skin tone? Is that what people are doing?

Dex-chan lover
@cryum fair enough. That's given me some perspective to think upon. Thank you u-u.

I just really like Claudia as a protagonist. I really dislike how much people start shit on this series because of the direction it's going with its theme and looking at it @ face value instead of reading again and thinking upon why the changes happened.

So disappointed that they revert her skin color back to dark just because of the stupid backlash. She was born white damnit. Not to mention it missing out the context as to why the people began to change their treatment towards her. The manga should have just ended already.

Dex-chan lover
@Umesan I feel you there. There certainly has been some overreacting and I'm glad it didn't kill the manga. Wonder how different things would have gone if Claudia directly referenced the skin change to tackle the complexities before giving readers time to come up with their own outrage.

While I agree with the credits page, I'm happy we get more to this manga. It remains to be seen if that sentiment will hold after more chapters.

I'm glad we get to keep our dark-skinned Claudia. It does make me wonder how she would look with golden hair though.

The romance certainly felt rushed but they have known each other for years in-universe, and the prince has been openly supportive of Claudia so far so I'm alright with it. As before, it remains to be seen if it stays alright.

@Umesan I think more than being about race It's more about the old Japanese culture of "the group over the individual". The "nail that stands out gets hammered down" problem.
I do agree it is immensely shallow, and also find it reprehensible that it sends a message of "if you change enough and make a big enough effort you can be accepted into the group" instead of "learn to love yourself for what makes you unique". Even if Claudia herself sees through the bullshit.

The girl who went to war and immobilized an entire army suddenly can't handle some random creep, just for the sake of generic rushed romance? I didn't think the writer was this much of a hack.

It wouldn't be a Shoujo manga without sexual assault amirite? 🙄 Seriously, there was a gazillion ways of conveying the King of Darkness concerns without such cheap tricks. And yeah I totally believe it should have ended here, another otome fantasy going down the drain because they don't know when stop.

@Something547 @KitsuBonKraft not edited, the manga is like this. This decision was extremely unpopular and criticized since the novel and while the manga does have a chapter where she gets blonde, white, etc the readers where once again strongly against it so they kept her the same and corrected the chapter afterwards.

Dex-chan lover
I like how barely anything makes sense now cause they reversed the color change
Also whats with this random ass white knight moment before she confessed that was so pointless lmfao

@Kapow
she didnt immobilize the enemy army the shadow fucker did and he straight up just told us he waited because the prince is nearby
do you not know how to read?

Double-page supporter
Why is everyone talking about skin color..? I mean, who was that last guy..? was it the Prince..? plot twist, the Prince was the true "villain" all along..?

I agree they should just delete the last page
Thank you for your hard work guys

Fed-Kun's army
@KitsuVonKraft Twitter mob essentially shamed them into changing the story to keep her skin tone. You know, the usual suspects that think everything must be a race thing.

Dex-chan lover
@yumian is right, there's a missed opportunity.
The author's intent was to simply show how two-faced the "mob of nobles/other people" who simply just ostracized/feared her for her looking similar to the Spirit King of Darkness. And the author also intended to show that even if they started being nice to her due to her skin color change, she wouldn't simply trust their new attitudes. She even says that it doesn't erase all the bad things she's been forced to go through.

@KitsuVonKraft
Due to backlash from readers due to a certain chapter where she gets the blessing from the Spirit King of Light. The people who were responsible for publishing it, edited it so that she have dark skin again to avoid it, and altered text to ignore it. The main problem was, as I mentioned before, it was simply to show how two-faced the mob are when it comes to this. She was supposed to go through some bits where she's not trusting other people's sudden change in attitude. In the novel at least, she mentions that all the new "kindness" she's receiving feels more like malice to her.

Them before: (MC with dark skin and black hair) OMG she's the one with the Spirit King of Darkness! She might destroy the world! But if we do anything she might destroy us first!
Them now: (MC with her supposed to be original skin color + black hair) OMG, she looks so beautiful and almost like a foreign beauty! What? She has the Spirit King of Darkness? Didn't she also get the blessing from the Spirit King of Light? We should get closer to her~

It was a big missed opportunity to show the hypocrisy of others. Her parents too, particularly her mother who basically said "You don't look as frightening like before" Like what sort of parent says that to their young daughter who didn't asked to be born like that? And her father who was so damn wishy-washy about the situation. It was supposed to show that her siblings were the ones with no prejudice and accepted her as she is, when compared to the parents who assumed that since she's born that way and she has the Spirit King of Darkness, she's automatically a person to be feared and hope she doesn't destroy the world like the guy from the legends. I mean the old man butler is a better fatherly figure than the actual father.

“That last page didn’t need to happen, this series could just be done” HAHSHSHSGAGAHA I love this scans group

@Kampfarsch I guess I was mixing it up with the other manga about an aloof overpowered "villainess". This one can't use magic and is apparently completely helpless if the spirit king decides to wander off. Still, that was a weird moment, and this chapter was full of lame cliches.

Users who are viewing this thread