I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain

Ok, yeah, the second version reads a bit less racist, I imagine it was never the author's intention, the girl has dark skin because of magic, not because genetic, but the undertones and interpretations are open to the public, and it is pretty rare to see a dark skinned protagonist, and then having her be white washed left a bad taste in everyone's mouth (japanese and overseas' fans alike).

I understand where people might get upset at what the author did when they changed her skin colour but the girls skin, hair and eye colour came with the blessing of the dark spirit right?
So if the light spirit blessed her she would then have to take on an attribute of the light spirit. She didn’t go blond, blue eyed, white skin like the heroine who was blessed originally. It was 50/50 almost. At least that is what I understood the author was trying to do. Although a true 50/50 would have made her tan like me 😁. Maybe her hair and eye colour would have lightened a bit to but that was just what I was thinking.

@Michael_Chandra
There's actually very large percentage of light-brown skinned Japanese in Japan that is like her though and I been to Japan a lot including their school. Not that Japan don't have problem with xenophobia but not this.
The Osaka one was a different story altogether so I think you should reconsider your comment.

I don't know why I was even reading this to begin with, the premise was built on critical lack of thought in the first place.

Kind of disappointed with how people want to drop this, cause of her skin color changing, that says alot about people who say they dont care about a person's skin.

I get the intention, but people, be it Western or Japanese need to chill about this, cause now the plot doesn't make sense any more now that she's back to her original appearance.

My suggestion would have her be split in half between the light and dark spirit kings. Like one half the appearance of the dark king and the other half being the appearance of the light king. Now that would be a nice shocker to the readers and characters.

Rrrrreeeeeeeee plz return us our milk chocolate at the cover rrrrrrrrreeeeeeee

Tehee ;p

reeee i want her skin color back not because of race(even though i have no idea what she is White, Japanese ?) but because shes cuter ahhhhhhhhhh

Dex-chan lover
Maybe if they showed she was a white baby with blond hair (her actual colors) then turnd dark when the dark spirit king blessed her people won’t be up and arms with this series.

@kjenve maybe having some sort of tan lines would look better. Heck tan line that looks like a tatoo of the light spirit would have been cool.

Michael Jackson on this manga now 😭💀💀💀💀 I can't AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WOW I'm glad they had to change her skin back. I get what the author was kind of thinking, but yeah, discrimination even in Japan is bad when it comes to 'darker toned' people. So I thought "Wow! What a wonderful author! Taking on this bullshit!" and then BOOM. HELLO DISSAPOINTED. I get that it doesn't make as much sense now that she has the light king's blessing, but come on that was a dumb plot device anyway and completely unnecessary. They didn't need to change the skin color and it's better when it isn't changed. I like this story, I will read it again, but changing the skin color was not a good call and I'm glad the call was reversed by the original publishers.

Users who are viewing this thread