I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain

Claudia knew from their first meeting that Amelia
was also isekai'd
right? So why didn't she just talk to her about it? If they both knew the truth then I'm sure they could've both gotten Good Ends.

@Balancegrim

Apparently some backlash or something happened, alphapolis(screw these guys btw) updated it back to chocolate...

What's gonna happen now? Dunno...... Story might be a bit oofed. We'll see what the author does...

@leelee78982
The author changing the character's skin color for receiving the light spirit's blessing didn't undermine anything. It's completely in line with the story. The entire point is that minor characters take one look at her and make wrong assumptions about her. She is trying to remove those assumptions. The entire point is to put her on the flip side of this argument. Now when she does something good, they attribute it to the light spirit overpowering the dark spirit. Which she absolutely hates, because her attempts to prove she has always been good will simply reinforce their assumptions.

Again, for everyone else. The author is not saying white = good and dark = bad. The point is that nothing about her changed except her appearance and spellcasting ability and now everyone is treating her differently, because they think white = good and dark = bad. They are wrong for doing so, and you are making the same assumption.

I hate that they had to change the characters skin back because of people getting angry about the racism that is involved with it. They should just keep it the same as the source material and as an extra point, the author was trying to convey a message with this in that the only thing that changed was her appearance and now everyone sees her as a much better person. If it got the viewers angry then well done to the author because that’s what it was supposed to do, it was supposed to show the unfair treatment and how it suddenly changes when she was “blessed” with her skin change and powers. This just shows that people don’t or don’t want to see the message and story for what it is and are just trying to change it for current social norms. I hate it when this happens for any character as it changes what was already a beautiful thing. If they wanted a main character who is a minority race then make a story about it instead of changing what was already there.

Sorry if this post seems racist, that was not my intention and I’m not always the best at picking the right words. I hate that I have to put this on the end because someone out there will get angry at this post and most likely not even read past the first sentence.

The change of colour seems like a bad idea for practical reasons.
A great author can make a story that stands out by being great. Others have little choice but to make average stories that follow all the tropes in order to not alienate readers and include some kinda hook.
In this case her dark skin was the hook, so now there's really nothing to make the reader chose this average fantasy manga above all the others if it's removed.

She was only dark skinned from the Dark Spirit Kings blessing. Her whole family is literally white, so how is it white washing? Also, isnt it funny how everyone has to make this about color of skin when its obvious they hated her because of the Dark King and only tried to accept her because of her getting the Light Kings blessing, not her skin color. God your all idiots and anyone who seriously thinks otherwise is the true racists.

the casual racism of this series lol... im not gonna reply to any of the previous comments or reply to anyone who replies to me bc i really dont wanna get involved, but they should never have made her dark skinned to begin with if this is how they were gonna write it. like yeah theyre not scared of her bc she has dark skin but bc of the association of the dark kings blessing with it... and Thats The Problem, Gang. the series makes u associate dark skin with "dark evil things" and thats the view everyone else in the novel has. So its like... bad taste.

PPL dont seem to get that just bc someone isnt being overtly and maliciously racist, that even minor things done without malicious intent can still be... racist. its called a microaggression gang..

making ur character suddenly change skin tones is bad taste no matter what, also. Im not talking abt ppl making fan drawings of characters with darker skin, but like canonically being one skin and then magically changing mid series to another skin. Bad taste. even if its not ur intention, THINGS HAVE ASSOCIATED MEANINGS AND IMPLICATIONS, EVEN IF YOU DONT INTEND FOR IT. In other words the association this series is giving off is "black skin dark and evil and bad" and "light skin pure and good and righteous" even if theyre trying to do a whole "nooo dont judge a book by its cover" thing with claudia being actually good, the execution is terrible and it just comes off very flat, especially when they present her becoming light skinned as narratively a good outcome-- essentially they just looped back around to prove "light skin is good and pure and righteous!"

also. while im glad they chose to have claudia reject her mom and stuff by saying "u can just suddenly be nice to me and expect all the hurt i experience to magically go away"... ngl it fell very flat. It didnt feel like there was any emotional impact at all. "Death is the only ending for a villainess" did the same thing and i sobbed like a bitch about it LMAO... in this i was just like.................................. ok

im gonna end this with saying white people dont get to actually decide whats racist and what isnt. You dont just get to decide what's offensive to someone else and what isnt, and you cant just excuse something offensive just because "they didnt intend for it to be" because things can still be Bad regardless of intent. And I'm saying this as a white person. If a black person came to me n said hey actually i think ur overreacting and its not that bad, i cant argue with that, because someone from the affected group is actually telling me how they feel abt it. ofc, commenters can claim their skin is whatever they like and we cant rlly actually prove shit, so take that as you will.

again. im not gonna reply to anyone who tries to reply to me abt this. Ive said my piece, so Im just gonna move on with my life lol. hope everyone has a good day? lmao

I understand how her dark skin can be viewed as evil due to past history but removing the dark skin color after everyone sees her more as a hero is done in really poor taste. I wouldn’t say it is racist as from the story perspective she did get a new blessing which led to the change but, the change kind of undermines who she is, and the blessing she had to begin with, she created change and proved to others that her blessing and dark skin isn’t a symbol of evil, but rather just who she is. To change her skin color after becoming a hero and creating that change is bad writing and poor taste.

Why are all you guys write long paragraphs. relax i haven't read the it yet but come on, your getting mad at the author changing the skin tone? relax its not that big of a deal.

Just read it, there is a new chapter that explains the whole color of her skin thing, so go and read that before you rant about all this stuff.😇

Dex-chan lover
"im not gonna reply to anyone who tries to reply to me abt this. Ive said my piece, so Im just gonna move on with my life lol. hope everyone has a good day? lmao"

Fair, so let me write a two cents of my mind as well and let me also give a huge disclaimer that I won't be replying to any comments made later with the intention to reply this one.

Micro aggression and micro racism is just a propaganda made entirely by the Left. In a place like the Internet and the US where TRUE freedom of speech is acknowledged, there is no such thing as micro aggression micro this and that. The world isn't going to care about your fragile feelings. The world is harsh, the world will NOT adapt to your liking. You are the one to change. I'm completely dead tired with people whining literally over the most absurd things to the point where some actually dare to criticize a woman who's an enlist in the military getting scolded for doing something stupid that's basically for her own sake and her squad sake if war comes to shove. That speaks a lot about current society.

I guess the phrase of "great men create great time and great time create weak men" is really true and this is what we're having right now. People triggered over someone else breathing 6 ft away while staring at them for a split second and scream rape or someone's acting racist or conducting the bullshit micro aggression. Fuck that concept.

Hey pitoumugis. You know she isnt black as in like African right?her entire family is white. She is colored dark though a blessing. So when she got the light spirits blessing too, it changed her to what she would of been normally without the dark blessing. Its not about racism. People who make it about race are stupid. Also "whites cant decide whats racist?" Then neither can any other race. That makes no sense and you sound racists as hell, you hypocrite.

It would've looked cooler if her hair changed to white. An exotic beauty, unlike the implications of changing her skin color. :(

@kinglymanga If you have time to write a paragraph about what “makes no sense” when it makes sense, I’m gonna assume you didn’t read. White people can’t tell minorities what is offensive to them and what isn’t. I don’t feel like that even needs an explanation. It isn’t racist to tell a white person that they don’t get to tell me what is offensive to my culture. Asia can be racist af so regardless of the character not being African (which doesn’t mean anything) it doesn’t change the colorism in their society. Still fucked up.

@Triparadox microagressions are an actual thing. Just because you haven’t experienced it doesn’t mean it’s “propaganda by the left” wtf? The world is full of assholes and no one is going to adapt to what everyone is feeling, but that doesn’t mean people who are experiencing something are “over reacting” or being “sensitive”. Especially in a place like America, racism is deeply rooted in almost everything, even the education system, housing, medicine etc. I don’t disagree with everything you said though so maybe I just misunderstood something idk.

I hardly ever login to mangadex so if I get any replies I most likely won’t respond. I feel like this whole manga is weird and the skin thing is weird too.

I suggest for everyone who just want to enjoy

Don't scroll down
It will only leave a bad taste and ruin your enjoyment.

if you did, don't get intimidated. Be warned

This is such a good manga, it's a shame that the author made a major mistake. No matter how you look at it, it was a bad decision. Still in the end this manga is worth it, and they corrected their mistake with a second edit.

what i do not get overall is how people are screaming racism after going from dark skin to white, when pretty much 100% of the people shown in the manga are...white? (not counting dark spirit king but he isn't her biological father or anything🙄) sure she may look better with darker skin to some, but the same thing happening now would happen again if the author made her bald or short haired 😏

the only difference is that people are pushing their ideals onto the authors work under the claim of racism... if you are racist then that is your problem, don't push your shortcomings on the author or other people and if you don't like the work the author is releasing, don't read/support it and move on 💩💩

Nice Manga outing the Actual Virtual Signaling Racists in the Comments Section... I'm starting to find these comments section Fun... Why did I not check them before...?

Users who are viewing this thread