I'm Not the Overlord!

I've read through until the part where
they execute the prisoners
, and I can't really call this interesting because to me, watching an idiot play chess is infuriating. That's the feeling I get when reading this. I feel this is a niche story because not everyone likes to see the adventure of an MC who has low adaptability, slow thinker, bad survival instinct, and frankly a useless pervert, I mean, is boobs all you think of when you're fearing for your life in a new unknown place if you're a normal person? Well unless she have an alluring aura that could overpower human instinct, I can accept that.

Could someone tell me when will the story progresses to be better or when the MC's character develops, because I want to read this if there's something promising in the long journey.

@Anwarbro "idiot? Low adaptability?" Would you be able, if you were in his place, to survive the first day in that world?
He is not a pervert but only a teenager and it is normal for him to behave like that in front of two women who are considered very beautiful.

The further he progresses, the more he will learn to use the magic of the Overlord, using knowledge of science and math. What do you mean by interesting?

Reading the comments Even the Description sounds super annoying. Some ideas are better left on paper.

@overlord949 sorry if you're offended, you seem to like this story a lot since you're (blatantly) defending it while disregarding my points.
So you agree that he's an idiot and have low adaptability right? That's the thing, he doesn't have any points that would make him an interesting character (to me), that's why I said it's a niche thing.
Now if it was you, would you think of how sexy a person is when there's a lot going on in your head and I should emphasize on the fact that you're "fearing for your life". Do you think it's normal to be "Ouh damn, that chick is sexy, ouh shit, need to think of something or I'm dead, literally". No, because survival instincts, I'm telling you. No time for breeding. It'd be forgivable if he's gotten used with the situation or he's the type to stay calm, but no, he's just got there! Pick one, dammit! Do you want someone who could think calmly or someone who gets nervous easily, because clearly his personality wouldn't permit that kind of thinking when in danger since he looks frickin nervous from the start.
Of course, a weak character premise is fine, I'm just saying the way the story was told is bad! I would've enjoyed it if the author could tell the story better. We get it already, he's not the greatest, so move on, darnit. And thanks for telling me that there will be progress, that's what I see as interesting. I like it when an isekai'd person uses their old knowledge to survive in a new environment, that's why I say it's boring because the chapters I've read only shows him not utilising his ability fully (knowledge, skills, processing ability, etc). You should've mentioned the good part of a manga/manhwa if you really like it, you know, instead of trying to argue it's not bad when clearly this type of character only appeals to certain niche.

@Anwarbro No, I'm not offended. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I just find it absurd that certain things are said about a story without valid reasons. The PC is not an idiot and has no low adaptability, on the contrary. The guy in question was trying to figure out what situation he was in and being a teenager he was simply fascinated by a woman, nothing more, especially for the fact that she clings to him. To use knowledge, he must first understand how to use it. After studying and discussing with the little flame on his left eye, he begins to understand that world and act accordingly. It would be stupid to do the opposite. What kind of character is he?

@overlord949 Alrite, you sold me, I'm going to give this another try with a no-expectations mindset and judge it differently. Maybe it's just a difference in our views and opinion or maybe it's because I've been affected by a lot of manhwa's ridiculous pacing that I expected something from this one. Glad to have civilized chat with you.

@Anwarbro What does "Manhwa ridiculous pacing" mean?
For me it is enough that the other does not offend or say offensive or rude things like "fuck", "you're idiot". I don't care if someone thinks differently than I do. Many times I have met and talked with people who made me perceive things from various points of view. Remember, you should never stop at first appearances.

okay i'm at chap.20 drooped it why? couz the mc still useless the story mehh and kinda fell bad to the hero he said to the mc change the world but mc what still pussy and useless....trash

Trash. Why? simple some teenager got isekai for the propose to lead world become better by god? yeah like hell that gonna work. imagine if the one who will save your world is actually a teenager from another world that itself never got any experience how the world work in his own world! I MEAN C'MON at least bring someone that more mature

The story has some potential compared to the usual overpowered MC. In this story (till now), there will be a focus on world building and exploring more than fighting and knewing everything through the mc's system or his past self memories. Although the mc seems a little bit wimpy, he got his own hidden cards. Although it feels like a lot of character are introduced just to show your the overlord greatness but discarded without any useful addition to the story is somewhat of waste to keep only the big bad elf guy lead the story so far. But I think it is worth giving this a try tho. As far as world setting is concerned, this one seems unique and in fact good at it, unlike usual thing that you will suddenly knew something and then an arc starts around that thing. The author through the whole story give you hints of what will be the next mc's objectives.
What I did like about this manhua the most that the chapters are unexpectedly bigger than what you usually get normally. It took me 4 hours or so to reach chapter 27.
In fact I think this manhua will be famous when It will reach the 100 chapter if the author continue with his unusual world exploration

I like it and don't care about those, who's saying it's a trash.
I've read enough of trash to know the difference.

This is a good one, you lot calling it trash probably keeping it loyal to your cliché filled isekai junk...

why are some people calling it trash? i liked. it is somewhat different from the normal isekai i was reading.

Group Leader
At first it was pretty bad but it somehow got pretty good and now i can recommend it

Users who are viewing this thread