I'm the Ex-Girlfriend of a Soldier - Ch. 8

@ParagonNight Feels realistic. I have been in her position before where I like being friends with a guy and I know he likes me but I'm just trying to keep reminding him that I'm not interested. Yes it's stupid but it's the truth. Girls just tend to be like that sometimes. I like these interactions in this chapter. I realise that Maise trusts him too much and we as readers realise that this guy clearly has a more sinister ulterior motive. I may be reading too much into this but I think Maise knows but she likes their friendship too much to ruin it. Yes dumb but alas, girls.

Anyways, I think this is top tier story-telling right here.

@RubyG8396 See I could buy if it she was playing along trying to keep him as a friend while dropping subtle hints. if in the future it turns out like that Ill accept it however since we have her inner monologue which seems to imply the complete opposite (she seems to not be able to put 2 and 2 together) and makes her seem clueless. Idk hopefully your right since I was enjoying this and have put it on hold. Im going to wait for a couple more chapters.

@ParagonNight She may not be the wisest of individuals but she isn't flat out stupid. I got sad and read the next chapter a teeny bit 👌 because I needed more, then I got depressed that I didn't understand all the words and couldn't let the dialogue sink in like I normally do, then stuff happened in that chapter that made me think, "Yes. I need to read this in it's English entirety. I'm not that good at Spanish." Then blah blah blah and blah blah blah and

She kept asking about his face suspiciously, but she never seemed annoyed by him. She suspected him but not in a negative way. I'm not sure if not seeing that as red flags made her dumb, but I think she has a head on her shoulders and knows that this guy has too much nice-guy-syndrome to ever hurt her. You have one entitled guy and one too nice, too trusting girl that keeps reiterating they're just friends. Will she start liking him eventually? Probably. It's a romance manga. I like the irony. Maise finally feels like she's being herself when she's around this guy, while he has to put on a act. Yse is thinking of dropping the act because she doesn't appear to be falling for him but Maise actually is. It's just ironic...I mean. That isn't how it should go. The scenario hits close to home. So many people put on acts for others to like them and end up feeling trapped their roles overtime. Maise feels that way with everyone except Yse and Yse is okay with everybody but is only that way with Maise. The parallels are interesting and it really drives home the fact that you just have to be yourself. I'm pretty sure Yse will be forced to break character soon because Maise isn't an idiot and all I can do is hope this manhwa handles it right.

Sorry for the long reply but I really think I like this manhwa. But as you said, it entirely depends on the rest of the chapters.

ah yes, the mandatory “fake boyfriend that actually likes her and is going to spend +200 chapters being ambiguous about it until she realizes that he likes her” trope. what could possibly go wrong

Contributor
She's really dense about all the stalker vibes he's dropping, or so I feel.

bro wtf am I reading she was leading him on for like 20 minutes, then when he asks her out all of a sudden she's like "huuuuhh???"

Is she really dense because she friendzoned him? Or is she freaking leading him on? 😅 sometimes she makes remarks as if she’s the one who is trapping him, not the other way around xD and sometimes she acts so dense that I get a teeny tiny bit annoyed xD

Users who are viewing this thread