Image Server Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
We have now completed upgrading the image servers. Currently we have 2 image servers (North America/Europe), both with a complete copy of all the images, so there is now redundancy.

You can choose which image server to load images from (only applies to older chapters, since recent chapters are uploaded to the webserver first, and moved to image servers later).
In the legacy reader, you can do this in the settings cog.
In the default/new reader, you can do this in the advanced settings.

By default, it will select a random image server. This might be improved upon in the coming days.

Feedback on the speed of the image servers would be appreciated - especially on the North American server.

As usual, thanks to everyone who has supported us financially - we are getting to a stage where servers aren't cheap!
As the site continues to grow, more servers will be needed in the coming months, so please consider supporting us if you haven't already done so.

Contributor
Been getting a lot of image errors recently, so this is really appreciated. thanks for the good work guys

Group Leader
I really hope this doesn't get to the point where this site starts getting targeted by DMCA, and corps... Everything still needs to grow more. lol

Contributor
Thanks for the update, the load of images is very responsive and prartically instant.

As an incentive, extra settings will be available to our supporters. Come back later!
Nice, i donated once so i'm glad to see that i can have more options, hopefully more customizations and permament settings (not cookied based). :)

Contributor
Feels slower than before. I get this https://imgur.com/a/zlkpi3W on every single page. Lasts like 1-2 second or so and gets annoying.

Dex-chan lover
Nice. More is always better.
Hoping that you would also consider setting up more image servers, especially in Asia-Pacific region.

Miku best girl
Admin
@s0che

Try changing the image servers, see which loads faster for you, instead of it randomizing.

@karappo

At some point in the future, we will! I need to make sure our monthly income can support it, since those servers are quite expensive.

Group Leader
@VawX depends on the country on their laws. I mean look at pbay had to go through and still going through.

Aggregator gang
Awesome! Thanks for the continuous effort to improve the site, it's been really shaping up to be the best of all.

Feels much better. Images are actually loading fast now and I dont have to refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread