Images are not loading

No manga I try to read has any images loading no matter how many times I reload. No matter the server either.

Help please...

I'm having the same issue. The images in most chapters, whether using compressed or original images and regardless of if they're old or new, are either loading slowly or not loading at all.

I've been having this happen to me since yesterday. Even manga that I had no trouble with reading before aren't loading at all no matter how many times I try.

I've had this issue too, disabling "Spoof Referer header" in uMatrix fixed the problem

Dex-chan lover
its been like that to me too since the uploading of chapters of mangastream a couple of days ago... its probably that...

Aggregator gang
Same here, csan load the first few pages of a chapter, but then it goes on a permanent loading loop and won't load no matter what...
Also been happening since yesterday, but when I wanted to report this yesterday at around this time, there was no forum to report to, all links on main page leading to the forum were cut for some reason... Now it seems to be fixed though.

MD@Home
Thanks, disabling "Spoof Referrer Header" in uMatrix fixed the problem for me as well.

Can confirm, turning off "Spoof Referer header" fixes it on my end as well.
Not a comfortable solution though.

Disabling "Spoof Referrer Header" allows most images to load, but it isn't completely fixing the issue for me.

Aggregator gang
What and where is that "Spoof referrer Header" thing? I don't see any uMatrix in reader settings...

I had the same issue and the uMatrix solution solved it. I'm guessing that a change to the caching system was made so it now checks the referer header (to prevent what? bot leechers are not exactly going to be hindered for long).

I'm having the same problem on the mobile site. I did not change any settings and had no idea what uMatrix was before this thread.

For me, the image server is throwing 403 Forbidden responses for entire chapters for some odd reason. Logging out and back in seems to help, though I'm not sure how long it will last.

EDIT: Works for a couple chapters, but the issue still comes back

Dex-chan lover
For users of NoScript, there is a new domain called "mangadex.network" that you'll need to allow for those older chapter caches.

Dex-chan lover
Any actual fix for this that doesn't require turning off uMatrix/uBlock Origin(or any part that protects) etc?

Lots of old chapters images are not loading
The new ones are fine
Something wrong w/ the servers?

Dex-chan lover
I have gotten old chapter images to load if I open them in an incognito tab on my browser (chrome mobile). I wonder if it is because that defaults to the bad reader and my normal browser reader is the legacy one.

e: increased clarity of which reader I use.

Further edit: I am able to view images of old chapters if I change from the legacy reader to the default reader. Hope they fix it soon, reading manga on mobile without infinite scroll is wack.

Users who are viewing this thread