Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 25 - Before Dawn

this-shit-is-so-ass-ass.gif

also gotta say the translator is really asking for trouble with that note
I stand by everything I've said in the note, and will not back paddle

Dex-chan lover
Bait and switches are fine when done well but holy shit, the writing here is so bad. Especially with the male MC, he has no soul and is just a plot point character at this point.

I stopped reading when "that" chapter dropped and this whole backstory thing started, but now I'm all in again lol. Gotta see where this trainwreck is heading.

Dex-chan lover
These comments... This... Tea.

I have this feeling of absolute hatred, yet my heart feels fulfilled and utterly entertained.

This absolute rubbish that some might call a story is filling the void that was once occupied by you.

I hated you so much, but I didn’t realize how much I missed you, my dear DomeKano...

I mean. I really don't mind this. Hikari just better remain the main girl. This Aya stuff can potentially be an interesting subversion, but suddenly bait and switching everything would turn it into nothing but a betrayal of expectations.

Dex-chan lover
Why are people calling it NTR, when the guy was A)Single and B) too much of a wimp to even be thinking of getting with Hikari? It's not like having a previous partner ruins your future partners.
it is a genre, it is simple depend more on the meta, don't need strictly follow status of relationship. Even when the character not in relationship to be cheated, the story seek for the same type of content and feeling to the reader. So the character got their crush who "stolent" from them then it is NTR that why there are also "cheating" even though there are already NTR.

Same reason for the reborn as "villainess" trope thing. Without knowing the meta, out them in the certain role, who to say you are the the bad guy ? when in reality, you can be the hero, but villain in someone else story

Dex-chan lover
The important thing here is that she perceived some value in herself because of their interaction in the previous chapter.
<snip>
yet somehow the moment he "feels" her love he gets a boner instantly.
Yeah sure, but the value she perceives is that this boy didn't disappoint her by being like all the men she knows, which is why she chose him in the first place.
As for Yu's change of heart, it's in that chapter - he says something like "her eyes were dead", while in this chapter her eyes weren't.

Which yeah, tangentially one of the ways decent artists sell a love story is in how they draw the eyes/facial expressions.

In my book this would be ntr if fmc slept with another guy after seeing them kiss and learning about pass.
That'd be a weird double standard given that the FMC and MMC currently aren't dating, they just have ambiguous feelings between em same as the situation in the past.

Fed-Kun's army
Especially with the male MC, he has no soul and is just a plot point character at this point.
I think that might be part of the point, Hikari, despite knowing MC for longer never saw him for who he was, just as a little brother, MC did the same seeing her just as a challenge to conquer, in this chapter Yami saw the real him and that's what got to him

Fed-Kun's army
I said this in one of my posts but yeah, I just don't feel anything. I do not care anymore, I just feel nothing towards these characters. The decisions aren't not understandable either, it's just I DO not care due to how sudden this all is. I feel nothing towards it and the frustrations I have are only directed at the author and no one else.
Then why don't you stop reading? This series apparently doesn't meet the expectations of a lot of the people that continue to read each new translated chapter as soon as it comes out. Tanking the ratings out of spite and filling these threads with NTR complaints is a waste of time. I don't see the point in continuing to read something that you feel no attachment to, you have no obligation to the author nor the series. None of you try to bullshit out of this saying "Oh I like reading trash". No one looks smart proudly proclaiming that they eat garbage.

If that isn't you then I genuinely don't see why you're having trouble seeing what's going on with the story. Both parts of the story have been told in "first person" to limit our view of what's going on. For Hikari's arc, she was oblivious (and the reader by proxy) to what was going on with Yuu despite being right next door, ultimately blindsided by her best friend kissing her crush. She fell in love with him "lately", but he's been there all this time, outside of her notice. For Aya's arc, she can't even be honest inside of her own head. It's similar to how flippant she was in Hikari's arc, but she seemed to have mellowed in the future. She was going to prostitute herself before she even had her first time. She was flunking out of a prestigious high school because she wasn't showing up to classes. She pretended to be a grown woman, but it only showed how childish she was. Her backstory under normal circumstances would be sympathetic, but she acts in incredibly unsympathetic ways. Given her nickname is Yami, I don't think her classmates have a high opinion of her either. This chapter is her trying to stay with the guy she just spilled her heart out to, but portraying it, at first, as if he's the one losing out. The way the story is progressing, she probably learns to be more honest with Yuu, though I'm guessing that ends in one more bout of childishness. I'm mostly certain she is intentionally unsympathetic (for now), given how she narrates in this arc, presented coming off the cliffhanger that still isn't resolved. This is also an extension of the stuff Hikari doesn't know, still outside of the time she started noticing Yuu. With this the reader will know how the current Yuu came to be, even though Hikari won't.

The missing part in all of this is Yuu. Despite everyone saying he's in love with Hikari, we haven't actually heard it directly from him. Despite being in both arcs, what we know from him was mostly filtered through Hikari and Aya. I don't think there's gonna be a straight answer for now. The focus right now is Aya, and if people don't want to buy into her that's fine. But if you keep reading despite that, you find something good about this, even if you don't want to admit it earnestly.

Her perspective shifted as the first time she was doing it out of spite, mainly, for herself. In this chapter she chases because she doesn't want to lose this connection she made. The important thing here is that she perceived some value in herself because of their interaction in the previous chapter.

As for the second part, apparently she being naked in a hotel room playing with his dick wasn't being into him enough, man he's so pure being in love with another woman, going through this with someone he just met doesn't work, yet somehow the moment he "feels" her love he gets a boner instantly. Peak fiction right here, very subtle and well handled, you could probably demolish a house with this storytelling.
He went soft the first time in the hotel, but told Aya that she didn't look like she was interested, so he wasn't feeling it. Maybe he's telling the truth, but given he's coming off a rejection he took pretty hard and having his first time with someone he's met twice, it could also be nerves got to him and that his eyes were the ones looking elsewhere. Neither of them were being honest about what was troubling them up till then. He told Aya about Hikari right after, so he was thinking about her and probably couldn't go through with it that time. The second time was after they had their heart to heart and he felt more comfortable with her. It's not even love, they let go of the pretense of why they're doing it with each other.

Dex-chan lover
Yup, totally in the past. Story is still paused at the moment Hikari saw them kissed. This is around, like, a year or so ago? Yuu and Hikari had just been admitted to their respective high school and Ayami had to repeat a year. Current story is in the middle of their second year (or third? idk).
ok. Dang, I was legit lost in the sauce... Still not a fan of all of this... but... I guess.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to say it. I'm into this. I don't think it's bad writing, it doesn't really contradict the previous chapters, and it actually makes Yuu more human because, as a matter of fact, I've known people who did what he's done here.

Let's go, babyyyy.

Dex-chan lover
What a twist! Why are people calling it NTR, when the guy was A)Single and B) too much of a wimp to even be thinking of getting with Hikari? It's not like having a previous partner ruins your future partners.
NTR has lost meaning at this point.
The only agreed definition is the the love interest stopped looking at the main character at any point of the story.

Dex-chan lover
Today i learned that people don't know what the words NTR and Cuck means.
something a quick google search could easily explain.

ps: at this time in the story we're in the PAST, seems like some people don't remember this

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can't see how this is NTR with the main difference being is that we've seen the story from the delutional childhood friend's POV first (which is a not-winnig character present in almost all rom-coms / dramas) and that's pretty much it. If this is NTR, every harem (with a winner) / love triangle romcom is NTR as well which is, you guessed it, entirely retarded.

Also, i think it's time for everyone who was looking for another no-stakes wholesomeslop #5412 "get married already" comment spam manga to move on.

Users who are viewing this thread