Imiko to Yobareta Shoukanshi

Group Leader
it's wish fuilment , mc killing humans one sidedly to make the manga cool and for whatever reason all the humans are bad I seen same plot on several other mangas .... can't these authors make a good story like Ajin, drifters or death note

Sigh, nothing worse than a passive protagonist. Can't actively seek out something to pursue so the writer just has the story shuffle him along. I mean, its good that the story is finally getting out of the forest but we should have been out of this forest by the end of chapter 2.

Dex-chan lover
This entire manga feels like it was written by a 12 year old trying to imagine a protagonist as 'cool' as possible. It just comes off as kind of pathetic.

Contributor
I am generally inclined to think favourably of "humans are the real monsters" sorts of premises.

But... this has so little to say about the matter—humans happen to be horrible, ugly and stupid; non-humans happen to be good, beautiful, and kind and generally female and besotted with the protagonist. No apparent reason. Starts to feel more like I'm reading something deeply racist, except towards humans.

(And after throwing in all the attempted-edginess and lazy harem stuff, the gestalt whole here is just, well, rather generally unflattering.)

Group Leader
and for some miraculous reason i am still reading.

Honestly this manga has good story & the opening plot is nice, but the way & the amount of his killing is just horrifying. It’s not cool at all. Isnt it better to just use magic to erase memory then teleport them out of forest. Since the spirits are good at ancient magic like that. The author made him murder too many people just for the sake of making him looks cool. I hope it will change later

This manga is full of meaningless killing at least give him a reason to brutally murder like for survival or revenge or he's been controlled and forced to kill

So months ago i called this out for what i thought it was going to be, the mc just killing people for no real reason. And looking at the comments, this continued. Really earned that low rating.

Sorry if this is OOT, but does anyone have problem with library update in Tachiyomi? Even though there's an update in the web version, it didn't got updated on my tachiyomi app.

what's so meaningless about hiding and protecting his family?he already explained the reason and you guys seems to see it as meaningless?
and about wipe memories is there even a magic like that in this manga?and even IF there's is it more troublesome than outright "erase" the problem once for all?he's raised by spirits sure he got all the knowledge about the world but there's no human in that village and you guys ask for a humanity?and his human parent already abandoned him in the first place.

Power Uploader
KumaTranslation you guys good? Do you guys even have a proofreader? You guys need a proofreader BADLY.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not really a fan of the art. It just feels weird... off putting... the MC looks "weird" to me and rather expressionless. Kinda like what you would expect how a Shoujo mangaka would draw a brooding hot guy.
And the translation is really, really bad. I'm rather amazed at how bad it is.

Aside from that, I don't really mind that the MC is rather ruthless towards the humans. He has a point and it makes sense, he has no reason to show mercy. Those very humans wanted to kill him as a baby simply for his black hair and eyes, the humans in this world are obviously both twisted and moronic(Although the whole premise that black hair and eyes is somehow linked with being evil or cursed is rather dumb as well if you ask me). If he were to show mercy and let them go, it'd probably bite him in the ass later, seeing as it was the King who ordered for the purge of the so called "Damned". So they would report that there is a strong one in the forest and they'd bring back a big army instead. And suddenly a lot of the MCs family would die from a war, caused by him showing mercy to people he should not have shown mercy.
However this approach of his does have a flaw as it doesn't change the problem at hand; that Humans think of spirits as nothing more than objects and slaves. The goal of the MC ought to be peace, as this cycle will never end, and the humans will just expand more and more over time until they'll start to want to expand into the place where the Spirits live.

The ones in the comments showing dislike, saying "Why doesn't he just use ancient magic to erase/change their memories instead of killing them? He's living with ancient spirits! Surely they know would know such magic!"
First of all, why would that be a matter of certainty that they know such magic? Second of all, memory-manipulation magic opens up for a whole bunch of weird possible plot-points. If you know someone can remove or change your memories, you might start to question everything you know.
It also doesn't really solve the problem; if they simply remove their memories and dump them outside the forest, people would obviously figure out that there's something weird going on and they would investigate one way or another. It would probably be preferable if they think of it as a particularly dangerous forest rather than a forest where you go in, and then end up confused and memory erased outside the forest a few days later.

Yo look at these cucks, they seem to love pathetic and lame MCs so much. Probably they often relate themselves to those mega pussy MCs...

Users who are viewing this thread