Imiko to Yobareta Shoukanshi

Fed-Kun's army
This seems like a pretty cringe attempt at being edgy so far, his actions are way over the top and excessive. Even if you want to assume that the heart-fruit-tree thing was a spirit his action still don't make any sense. For example, he clearly has more than enough power himself to kill them all with ease, so why did he bother with the summoning? If he actually cared about protecting the forest, why did he wait until the adventurers had already hunted a lot before doing anything? If he wanted to prevent people coming in or protect the forest, why did he even offer to let them leave?

His actions only make sense if he fully intended to kill them all with extreme malice from the very start. However if he actually gave a damn about protecting the forest or the things in it, blind murder of anyone that enters will do nothing considering the already established insanely high value of the things in it to the human world and the fact that it's clearly easy for people to hunt small amounts and leave without him ever noticing.

In addition the extreme level of violence he used against them vs the attacks/actions of the humans, it also clearly paints him as being far more of a monster than the adventurers which further pushes the reader away from viewing him as being "good" in any way.

They're going to need a LOT of later chapters in order to re-interpret the first chapter into justified actions somehow.

@apeydape they have to think of some way to make the mc be abandoned and ostracized, and, well, if it works once, it can work again, so people copied it and now here we are - also, the colour black is associated with evil in many cultures(partly because people are scared of the dark 😉), so it is not too unrealistic that people are cast out of society for stupid reasons like that(think about ur history lessons and u will understand what i mean) — for example, think about how albinos were handled by societies - u know why vampires are said to be extremely pale and have red eyes? that is cause people were afraid of albinos, and declared them to be evil — people all over reject things that are different, and as seen in basically every manga/LN/anime that features another world, no one has black hair (its always blue or green or purple etc)

Supporter
The whole hand in pocket while committing violent murder thing sealed the deal for me. This is so edgy it’s gone beyond trash and into “revenge” territory, and I couldn’t be more amused at the author’s attempt to endear us to this MC. Must be a 16 yr old edge lord who listens to goth music while dreaming about bully revenge.

Dex-chan lover
Finally an adequate MC with common sense since he was raised in a society, not those usual cucklords 🤡

Dex-chan lover
Did this person seriously get a job with art like this? I swear I'm not trying to be mean. I'm legitimately wondering how, because no comic company in America would take something at this level. Does it work differently in Japan?

Can anyone tell me whether it's worth the memory space in my brain to start this?

Chapter 2.2 by Kuma Translations
Grammar is rather spotty.
MC's name was written wrong 9 times out of 9.

finally someone that takes care of problems without arguing 9 chapters about the killing people that try to kill you and your own

Getting some serious chuuni vibes from this one. Push your hand through someone's chest, and put your other hand in your pocket while doing a pose. Real cool, schmuck.

Users who are viewing this thread