Imouto ni Kiiteminai to - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Don’t Underestimate Me

Dex-chan lover
I'm really fearing that the author will go for making them all romantically like him.

I liked how they seemed more like actual brother and sisters, even though they're recently made a family, but the faces Tsugumi was making really triggered my fight-or-flight responses regarding the direction this is going...

And no I don't want the millionth wish-fulfilment manga about getting x-number of sisters that all fall in love with you, I want one regarding becoming family in a non-romantic way with this kind of setup. Actually learning to live together and doing stuff with them as a family: cute, wholesome, and maybe silly stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Is losing in every single thing supposed to be more relatable to the readers? Just looking at the mc is making me angry lol.
it's not the point to make it 'relatable to readers'. it's consistent in his characterization that he never have been a really cool or amazing person to begin with

Dex-chan lover
I'm really fearing that the author will go for making them all romantically like him.

I liked how they seemed more like actual brother and sisters, even though they're recently made a family, but the faces Tsugumi was making really triggered my fight-or-flight responses regarding the direction this is going...

And no I don't want the millionth wish-fulfilment manga about getting x-number of sisters that all fall in love with you, I want one regarding becoming family in a non-romantic way with this kind of setup. Actually learning to live together and doing stuff with them as a family: cute, wholesome, and maybe silly stuff.
hmm... at this stage, I guess it's just normal for elementary school student to have attached to impulsive joy rather than a logical attractive value. and add to the fact the girls haven't really got attached to male to begin with. except the high school sister one

Dex-chan lover
yooo, the little sister can have a boyfriend instead of begging for the step brother's dick?????? HOW???? i-is this manga trying to sell their character cast instead of selling body pillows and any other coomer menrchendise???? how shocking??? this is heresy!!

jokes aside, im surprised that this is getting better and better. the new boy introduction is sudden, but i like his character. I hope we can have more of this so that our protagonist can be developed enough and finish with the satisfying ending.

Dex-chan lover
Is losing in every single thing supposed to be more relatable to the readers? Just looking at the mc is making me angry lol.
its meant to be more relatable to someone who isnt an elementary school student yeah, you should learn from Haruto even he realised it.

Dex-chan lover
it's not the point to make it 'relatable to readers'. it's consistent in his characterization that he never have been a really cool or amazing person to begin with
No matter the characterization no one can be this bad. His opponent was literally a 5th grade student while he is in highschool. That breaks immersion.

I really don't see a good lesson there. There's a limit to how bad you can be, otherwise you really have to work to improve yourself for your own self confidence at least.

"You did your best and that's enough" is just being ideal, not realistic.

Dex-chan lover
I like the progress of the story towards a more family oriented atmosphere where they are just trying to get along as a new family. I'm bit worried about how this might to turn into an incest story but I'm crossing my fingers that doesn't happen

Dex-chan lover
No matter the characterization no one can be this bad. His opponent was literally a 5th grade student while he is in highschool. That breaks immersion.

I really don't see a good lesson there. There's a limit to how bad you can be, otherwise you really have to work to improve yourself for your own self confidence at least.

"You did your best and that's enough" is just being ideal, not realistic.
it can though. there will be a genius among children. Is your country don't have "are you smarter than a 5th grader?" in your television. Look it up. It aired around 2010 in my country, Indonesia. It was a very interesting show. and this is competition in arcade battle, 5th grader is just right to compete even against adult.

and you're right in your 2nd paragraph. he is working in his self confidence going through past chapters

Dex-chan lover
yooo, the little sister can have a boyfriend instead of begging for the step brother's dick?????? HOW???? i-is this manga trying to sell their character cast instead of selling body pillows and any other coomer menrchendise???? how shocking??? this is heresy!!

jokes aside, im surprised that this is getting better and better. the new boy introduction is sudden, but i like his character. I hope we can have more of this so that our protagonist can be developed enough and finish with the satisfying ending.

I mean, wasn't the point of the entire chapter to show that the little sister is actually developing some kind of actual affection (possibly romantic, if the inner monologue is any indication) for the MC?

Unironically I wish that wasn't the case, but the change in her expressions towards him and again, that monologue, makes me uncertain about the resolution of the conflict this chapter. God willing, she's just appreciative of both and I'm a bit paranoic with my first paragraph.

Dex-chan lover
can someone explain to me what's the meaning of
'X's face comes to my mind when someone else confessed to me'
nobody ever told me what it means explicitly

Dex-chan lover
.......what the fuck was that??

MC you are a literal embarrassment

So her idea of him being cool is him getting absolutely folded at every game by an elementary student??

Author please stop the bullshit 🤦🏾‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread