In an Otome Game World, I’m a Villain?! I Can’t Accept This!

@MinGenius thanks for the comment you warned me away from what sounds like a not-so-great plot. Big yikes for having that in a josei that's supposed to be a more mature genre

@MinGenius I mtl'ed the whole novel and you basically hit the nail on the head. Spoilers for the majority of the plot ahead.
All of the love interests are terrible.
The first one (the prince) is super clingy and basically doesn't care what she thinks. He even skips his classes and training to spend more time with her. He even steals a kiss without consent by telling her she had something on her eye and getting her to close her eyes.
The second one, other than when they first met and when he fought with the prince over her like an object he doesn't do much.
The next one is a knight captain and I don't know how old he is but they met when she was like 5 and he was probably at least 19, bruh.
Number 4 is the second prince who is a yandere and later f-ing kidnaps her and confines her. Number 4 is a prince from another country who is a womanizer. After he meets her he 'swears' off other girls but he also f-ing kidnaps her (it was before the second prince kidnapping) to his country so he could marry her (apparently it's okay to kidnap brides in his country).
She later finally manages to break off her engagement but the 5th love interest shows up and it's the emperor of some empire. At first this dude was all women are good for nothing but having kids (a;ldshgja) but she scolds him and he reforms. And then she wakes up the next day to find that she's engaged to him now and he won't break the engagement when she asks him to.
There's another pseudo love interest who is the leader of a robber gang who was originally going to kidnap the heroine to be his bride but kidnapped her by accident and decided to make her his bride instead.
The only redeeming points of the plot are the fact that the heroine isn't one of the 'oh, actually, she's evil' heroines (the heroine is head over heels for her along with another should-have-been-villainess, and later on the emperor's little sister) and the king who ended her engagement with the prince and at the end of the novel the emperor and told everyone to win over her heart before asking for an engagement. Also the times she wore pants and rocked it. Everything else is pretty ugh.

Edit: Just adding another tidbit of info I just remembered.
At first I thought her brother was just one of those extreme sis-cons. Which was fine. And then when he was looking for a fiancee his number one requirement was that they had to be okay with living with his sister and that he would always put his sister first. The way he was so fixated on his sister was a bit creepy. And then, in a his POV chapter, it was revealed that he was in love with his sister the whole time?! What?! I don't know if that was just mtl messing up or not, but whyyyyyyy

its a pretty good story. full of the regular tropes, but like, in the corny way that you lowkey love regardless of how many times you see it done.

i get the hate comments' point of view but the manga isn't actually that bad like okay it is totally true that the ml and fl didnt even talk yet here's the ml already proposing to her which kinda made the plot a bit boring or "trashy" but it still is a good manga and ngl i really wanted to read more so im gonna read the novel cuz i personally like the story.

Please summon Melissa Podebrat! She would teach those targeted men to act more like gentlemen with normal brain and not treating her like a winning trophy or super unique object that one must obtain
Although I'm sure Ibelin loves this kind of fishes lol

Fed-Kun's army
I don't mind the story writing / pacing too much

but the art style really could do some tweaking. Feel like the details that matter blur in with what doesn't matter, it's a mess imo.

Hopefully the novel will be different from the novel, it just has to or I'm dropping it immediatly... reading the raws isn't recommended here, it's not really good...

It’s basically a “I’m reincarnated as a villain so i tried to not attracting the prince but in doing so i attracting him instead. In the process i tried to avoid him but ended up falling for him. I’m so righteous and so charming that everyone fall for me. The rival suddenly simping me, all the capture target fall for me because of my kindness (telling them they are awesome, treating them like a human being, rip my skirt to help an injured knight)”

Not that bad. Just another generic villainess story that just copy paste without adding an interting stir to the story.

The art quite pretty though

This is the most shoujo thing I’ve read lmao. 0 substance, art is the most typical angular, sharply edged faces and overdrawn haircuts you can get. Shading is noneexistant. Characters have literally 0 personality, everything exists for the FL. Its like reading a mary sue fanfic from 2013, just illustrated by the most generic artstyle imagined. Its hurts the eyes to see and the mind to read.
Thank you scanlators for your work though.

Well I think like a lot of us!! This story don't seems it will be really interesting..... It was hard to read! the first chapter was good but now all the guy go for her and seriously it doesn't need a lot of interaction with neither of them :/ too bad

Simple plot with developments at break neck speeds, a little bit too much drawn into each panel making some images confusing. Still reading it tho 🤷🏽

Users who are viewing this thread