In Another World With My Smartphone

Dex-chan lover
The galactic council would like to remind you that this manga has displaced Vogon Poetry from its place in the ranking of worst things ever.
Read at your own risk.

The description is more entertaining than the manga itself. Backgrounds are rarely present, every emotionless character is presented in a white wasteland with the occasional prop. I'm nine chapters in, new harem members keep getting introduced and I know nothing about them save for what cliché they're supposed to ape. The only reason it's not the worst isekai ever made is because it doesn't actively advocate for rape or pedophilia (to the best of my knowledge).

Edit: Nevermind.

I wanted to like it, I really did but god there is no character development and the main character is just so boring. More girls keep getting added but nothing about them is interesting and we barely have any interactions with them besides things that world build. Its just a waste of time to read to be honest.

not to pile onto this but yeah, it's the definition of bland cliche isekai.
i see this tier of manga as literary fast food - of no real "nutritional" value but it's cheap & easy and you dont really have to think about it

Dex-chan lover
@dankdevice
Fast-food sounds about right, only this is the "taco-bell" of fast-food, which also makes you feel bad for having eaten it afterwards.
There's something to be said about a story in which the MC is defined as the upper 1% in terms of might, yet he feels like a common mob.

This story should get -10 stars, it's the worst thing come out of Japanese writers hands I've ever seen.
Basically all the author does is grab money from people who like fantasy and the kusotakus who are just in it for the waifus by selling them shit in paper format.

The whole premise is already ruined by the fact that a god forces the MC to keep his addiction to his retardedly-designed mobile phone (smart phones aren't really for the smart people, they suck at basically everything they try to be, be it gaming console, computer or mobile telephone) and makes him so OP while he's as stupid as a loaf of bread.

Meanwhile, the females just flock to him and are sexually attracted to him? Why? Are they just some mongrels in heat that jump any potentially strong male?
In realistic manga, people characterized the same way as him are always in the friend zone at most, so the IQ of these women must be really low.
Also the I.Q. of the politicians around him. They are way too generous and don't display any agenda to involve him in their political aspirations. How do such people even manage their territory?

In the end, all the characters are just hollow shells and/or retards.
Stories like this where you don't have to use your brain to think are the reason why so many people nowadays get Alzheimers disease when they are old.

No pathos, no intellect, nothing. It's just pretty pictures.

Group Leader
@Asriel I have nothing against your opinion but I just want to comment about your first sentence. It sounds somewhat a frog in a well statement. if this series is a -10 stars story, you'll surprised how horrendous a Japanese writer could write in Syosetu. Unless your scale of rating is from minus infinity to plus infinity.

If anything, this manga is a good example of what not to do in an isekai setting: OP character, magic cellphone, easy girls, no hardship whatsoever, no character development, no comic relief, etc.....

Fed-Kun's army
The manga is shit, the writer could of done greatness with this but does not know how to, the fights, the speed of the manga, when to bring in characters, comedy ( but thats just japan they are not that funny)

Group Leader
Despite all the flak this gets, it makes me smile. And that's all that matters to me.

Dex-chan lover
The way this story treats magic-systems, reminds me of "lazy dungeon master", or whatever its name was.
When the MC started using golems to Mine for ores for him, I thought to myself: Just imagine how complicated even the most basic of task it is for "artificial intelligence". You tell it to "dig", but how do you define digging? There are a lot of presuppositions you must make before you can define what is "to dig".

And I thought Lazy DM was being kinda silly, but this one takes the cake, over and over again. The MC's behavior and rationality about magic is so absurd, that I can only think of this image to encapsulate just how silly it is:
coordinated-drones-posted-by-tech-insider-8-033a16-they-used-coding-23566006.png

Group Leader
It sucks so shit

Someone nuke this series to the moon and dump its remains in the nonexistent oceans of Mars

🤔🤔🤔is it me or did this sires restart cuz last I remember they all agreed to f$%k him once they where old enough

Dex-chan lover
@JJred2 maybe u read the web or light novels for this? cause they are much farther ahead. even the manga has raws for at least 5 chapters by now.

@Galder probably 😣 but still kinda confused on how the manga/manhua works whith the whole light and every thing

>blah blah blah jp author is crap
I cant Imagine series like Aria,K-on etc gonna got rated this days.
Just because the settings are Isekai, people just ignore the Sol aspect of this manga(which for some reasons absent from the tag), with their "muh plot,is boring,or some other crap they spout".

Imagine thinking how inferior and trash jp writer were,only to be serve the things called GoT.
enjoying every bit of salt it generate, muh superrior western writing ahahaha👺

Users who are viewing this thread