In My Previous Life, I Was A Saint, But Now I Want To Cut Corners - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Group Leader
Posted the first WN chapter that fills in missing information.
https://volkanscans.com/manga/in-my-previous-life-i-was-a-saint-but-now-i-want-to-cut-corners-web-novel/chapter-1/
Website is WIP as hell so just I fire but you can read there.

Fed-Kun's army
i like how everyone here is acting like she had the option of being like "nah let the PRINCESS die lmfao." the fact that they didn't doubt in asking her to die for the shitty princess is sad but also like. typical. i'm already pissed but i'll stick with it and see if it gets better

thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
@sjmcc13
Well, I don't disagree with you. You got a valid point there, the issue is that the MC *immediately* opted-out of any thought of revenge or comeuppance. The MC's first thoughts were: "ah shit I want to be a simple guy, completely invisible."
Tbh, it would not seem as "Japanese" if the MC would at least consider the injustice here, rather than prioritize "a quiet, simple life".

@AMicrowave
Because :
A. I was making a joke,
B. Not everything is so black-and-white.
Let me help you out there -- It's not that I hate Jap stories "so much", but that I dislike certain qualities of Japanese media-culture. I doubt you enjoy 100% of anything you consume~

Group Leader
Why resurect someone who want to die?
What do you hope? Live with someone she doesn't love or You want she experience second suicude?

Double-page supporter
@QuietSnowy

Probably because the princess set her up- so that even if she wanted to say no, other nobles would then pressure her by spreading rumors like "the Saint can cure the princess but is choosing not to" or something. It's important to remember that the life of a royal isn't just a personal matter, it's a political one as well.

It's what I would do if I wanted to be absolutely sure about, ya know, not actually dying from poison.

Reading this made realise something. In a lot of villainess isekai, the protagonist tries to avoid being engaged to their fiance at all cost but I always thought they were overcomplicating it as they could just not act like the original villainess. Now that I think about it, teh protagonist is usually born to a very powerful noble family so them being engaged to their fiance who's also from another powerful family or a royal is actually a very real possibility.

can someone clarify... either i missed it or it wasnt stated

is she in the same world? or isekaid?

Double-page supporter
Ordering the saintess to die to revive someone that killed herself because she didn't want to go forward with her arranged marriage is really dumb. First of all, you're losing the saintess, who could be used to heal life-threatening injuries numerous times instead of just dying to revive one. Second, you're trading the useful saintess for a useless princess that refuses to do the one thing a princess is expected to do: get married for the convenience of the country. So the royalty of that past kingdom traded a useful person for a useless person.

Also, we don't know if this was planned together with her fiance or if the princess did it on her own, knowing that if she killed herself the Marius guy would be available. I hope it was on her own, but it's dumb either way. If Marius was in on it, then what exactly was stopping him from just refusing to get married to the saintess? Why would you need to kill her to be rid of her? Surely he just needed to tell her he loved someone else. The saintess seemed to have no other standing that "being the saintess", or else her family should have protested against her sacrificing herself for the princess. But if she was on her own, then even if her father backed down on the unwanted marriage, would she have any chance to snare Marius? She would have killed the woman he loved out of selfishness. Why would Marius then want to spend any time with her, much less marry her?

As for her current plans, it makes sense. If you know you have so much power and you already lead a comfortable life, why draw attention and let those with more political power take advantage of you? Better to keep your cards close to your chest and only use your power for yourself and those you care about. She seems to have a loving family this time around, screw the royals.

Users who are viewing this thread