Inaka no Home Center Otoko no Jiyuu na Isekai Seikatsu - Ch. 5.2

Double-page supporter
At this point I will de disappointed if this don't get axed when so many other better manga got axed.

Dex-chan lover
I say he should probably just go with it, saving the world literally means uniting the will of everyone..
the Goddess never said save mankind/humans only so it's fair game

Double-page supporter
Well the goddess is indeed beautiful even with some simple clothes i agree with that

This MC is worse than the shounen power of friendship MCs lol I don't mind trash isekai but if it gets cringy like this it's hard for me to continue tho

even if he is a hypocrite and forces his own sense of justice on others i cant say that I disagree with the mc's opinion in this instance
he cleared the village and saved the people not to mention the knights by killing the boar rider and gets first interrogated than nearly blackmailed and screwed followed by a attacked to kill him...

i would clean them out
anyone interfering gets a knock on the head and then make a mental sticky note that humans of this kingdom are pretty much scum on a similar level to goblins much like humans on earth pre 20th century

Reading these comments made me think I was misremembering the definition of hypocrisy. I looked it up and, turns out, the definition is the same as I thought.

Someone refusing to kill murderers isn't hypocrisy.
Someone making others atone by making them suffer as their victims had isn't, necessarily, hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy is performing actions you damn others by while saying you would never perform said actions.

Hypocrisy is a very specific thing that can be dependant on things like context and the actors involved. Not everyone who does things you don't like or who acts in a way you find morally inconsistent is a hypocrite. Using words you don't know the meaning of, in contexts they don't apply, makes you look like a fucking idiot. If you aren't sure of the applicability of a word, look it up. I think the MC is a thoughtless dumbass, but he isn't a hypocrite, definitionally.

Even if he was a hypocrite, hypocrite protags are FUN! Watching a guy gun down truckloads of "evil race mooks" and then condemning violence, racism, and genocide is hilarious. Watching someone pulled around by everyone and their mother, watching someone with no will or personality to speak of, call someone else out for "just following orders" and "not being there own person" is... exquisite black comedy. The "power of friendship" guy being the only one able to take on the four heavenly kings? The "avenge my home town" guy glassing the entire demon world? Mwa!

@Roadrunner9000 Lol, dafuq???

I think you need to learn what "hypocrisy" and "justice" actually mean.

The townsfolk literally attacked, murdered and enslaved the previous inhabitants of that town. It doesn't matter whether they had the country's permission or not because the old inhabitants were completely innocent. Do you seriously think the current townsfolk or country would be cool with it if someone did the same thing to them? So how is the MC being angry about it forcing "his own sense of justice" on them? He has the right to be pissed about their cruelty. He hasn't done anything remotely hypocritical, either.

I'm not sure what you're smoking... but if you've got any to spare I wouldn't mind a try 😂

@scribbledoutname
what you seem to be smoking regulary is already strong enough

medival times medival measures
secondly wars have no justice unless a higher protecting power decrees and enforces them

well and regarding the mc taking action against the villagers... he cant do much because that would lead to further war against the rabbits infact what he did could be too much already even if his outburst is understandable
if the humans and kingdoms goons catch on to the fact that rabbits remain somewhere in the vicinity it could very well lead to a secondary military expedition
if he slaughters them it will also end in a military excercise and even if he is strong enough to face an army he is not yet proficient enough to protect the rabbits while fighting off an army
robbing them a bit because they tried to kill him is another matter altogether because it wouldnt have anything to do with the rabbits from the standpoint of the knights

so why is he a hypocrite ? because demanding spoils of war( thats what the village and the rabbits are in that world) by virtue of his own power is just another act of war
its a huge difference between walking around and demanding something or driving a tank and demanding something
but thats what he is military power equal to a modern armed vehicle in an medival era

also he is trying to push values and justice from the 21st century on earth on to the villagers and knights of a kingdom that resembles medival europe
from their point of view they didnt do much wrong besides attacking the mc which they did to evade higher taxes and for a medival frontier village taxes were a matter of life and death
and going a little overboard with the rabbits
from their point of view that is.... from the mc's and ours their was a hell of a lot wrong with it but in that world he is the outsider not the other way around

sometimes being a hypocrite isnt a bad thing because that term can be applied to any combination of action(s) and or motivation(s)
in fact a state decreeing that acts of force within its borders are punishable by law is also just using superior force to enforce "good" behaviour thus suppressing force with force but because the majority of people agree or at least their representatives its called a justice system

and if you actualy bothered this time around to fully read what i wrote let me mention it again : "i can not say that i disagree with the mc's actions"
meaning i would actualy support them even if i would have advised being more careful and subtle

@Roadrunner9000 murder and slavery = a little overboard?

Evidently not

medival times medival measures
The time period makes no difference. It doesn't matter how far back you go, there have always been people who denounced war and slavery. What's your point?

War is basically just rounding up a bunch of people, going somewhere and then murdering everyone who gets in the way so you can get whatever you want. Throughout human history, people have understood that that's a shitty thing to do unprovoked. Nobody says, "Ah well, they came outta nowhere and murdered everyone in my hometown, but... medieval measures! Guess I'll just let it go..."

If you know that you yourself would be hurt and outraged by something then you naturally understand that another person would be hurt and outraged too. This is one of the cornerstones of human interaction.

because demanding spoils of war( thats what the village and the rabbits are in that world) by virtue of his own power is just another act of war
There's zero hypocrisy here. It's pretty obvious that the MC doesn't have any qualms about violence. His issue is -- quite clearly -- the fact that they murdered and enslaved innocent people. They don't need 21st century values to understand his perspective, because they themselves understand the cruelty of what they've done. The law is neither here nor there. Even if it was legal to, I don't know, drown babies, human nature takes precedence, and someone who drowned a baby would understand the rage of the parents they've harmed and no one would be surprised by the hateful retaliation that comes next.

in fact a state decreeing that acts of force within its borders are punishable by law is also just using superior force to enforce "good" behaviour thus suppressing force with force but because the majority of people agree or at least their representatives its called a justice system
That's STILL not hypocritical. Hypocrisy would be saying "all violence is bad" and then using violence. That's not how the state works. It's "violence is bad unless it's sanctioned for these reasons". It's the same reason that killing someone in self-defence isn't murder, but self-defence. You're just oversimplifying everything and divorcing it from context to suit your argument. As long as you don't violate the rules you set out, you aren't being hypocritical.

@scribbledoutname
Evidently not
where is the evidence?

1. your view of human interaction and history is adorable...
"It doesn't matter how far back you go, there have always been people who denounced war and slavery. "
tell that to the age of the common wealth before the american independence or earlier
the % of people denouncing it back then is about the same with the % practicing slavery still today.
at one point in medival europe the majority of people were slaves well they called it serf's

well unless your including the slaves themselves which would be kind of redundant and pointless... i mean who wants to be treated like a slave?
also slaves generaly wouldnt denounce it because that would have lead to them being flogged
again not saying that that was right as by todays standards and by extension my own is very very wrong it just happens that history isnt written backwards and as such it was a thing

2. you again didnt read it fully or didnt want to
among other points: i didnt write that it would take 21st century values
i wrote that what the mc applied/pushed where values from the 21st century

3.your ignoring the abstract underlying nature of things by limiting yourself to specifics which is what i was arguementing with since the begining
judging or condeming an action and then turning around and commiting the same action is also an act of hypocrisy
the mc condems the villagers for taking spoils of war from the rabbits and then by virtue of his own power demands that they hand over those spoils
from our and the mc's point of view thats about justified

but justifications are always influenced if not based on subjective values that may change as the society evolves or may even be dependant on the individual
as such they arent useful when looking at an issue objectively
and separating subjectivity and objectivity from each other is a cornerstone of the scientific method

wanna know what is the legal definition of right and proper behaviour? ask for a majority vote of your respective nations supreme court judges whatever they decide is legaly right and proper

4. correction killing someone in self-defence is manslaughter just that its excused (justified) and as such excludes a guilty verdict
much like not being medically found non compos mentis.
and murder is an elevation of manslaughter as such murder isnt a standalone crime because you cant comitt murder without comitting manslaughter

and again try to arguement abstract and read properly
i was using the general decree and enforcement of law by a state as an example of using force to suppress force
yet you are arguementing with a specific law and how its applied.

in an argument its just good manners to not just respond to the words of the other party but also the logic beneath it
because else it will always end in a stalemate.
since you engaged me its my abstract logic which you sadly failed to respond to

and since its tedious to argue a stalemate and im not getting college credit for it, i will refrain from doing so unless you show some common courtesy

well there are ways to argue that can shift the logic and are considered good manners but explaining that would be beside the issue and not my job

An isekai where the OP protagonist actually want's to end the slavery in its medieval setting? I am pleasantly surprised, usually, the most we can hope from isekai is that it doesn't directly endorse it

You know what makes me laugh? Seeing the goddess who intervenes to try to correct what mc does, like when in a d&d session a player starts to deviate from the plot that the master has prepared and he desperately tries to bring him (or insta-kill him, depends on the master mood's) on the plot that he thought

Dex-chan lover
The goddess is trash and not in a good or funny way like konosuba, this goddess here is literally trash

Users who are viewing this thread