Infection - Vol. 10 Ch. 82 - The Lecture at the Underground Research Facility

I didn't realize up until now that the black dots in the eyes actually existed. For some reason I thought they were just an artistic choice.

Group Leader
Damnit, that fucking bitch is good ag manipulating peoples emotions to do her biddings. Bitch should just die!

Dex-chan lover
Low level worms/whatever can't bind strong enough so they avoid water? Are they afraid of getting diluted?

Still doesn't explain how people get infected though. Touching is apparently okay.

@Amenohi
Still doesn't explain how people get infected though. Touching is apparently okay.
See ch.70
Carriers contain many "fragments of light."
Also, these "fragments of light" are many in the atmosphere of the quarantine zone.
In ordinary people, these "fragments of light" are very few.
These "fragments of light" are apparently responsible for some function of biological development or adaptation.
The bite, apparently, breaks through the analogue of the personal human “AT field” (see Evangelion) and transfers a lot of “fragments of light”, which causes uncontrolled evolutionary changes in the body of the bitten.

The scientists in chapter 82 are unaware of these “fragments of the light” since they (at the time of chapter 82) are likely to be seen only by Kaori and the Dark Person (see end of chapter 69).

Dex-chan lover
@dron-6z
Amazing you remembered that part. 😆
I was more interested in what the big brother was doing.

After re-reading that chapter, it's fairly safe to assume that the fragments of light are actually the particles that make up the worms. Though the the AT field theory is interesting, I don't think they have revealed or uncovered enough to make any conclusions on how it's transmitted. Using the scientific method, one the first things they need to do is figure out what it is. Doesn't seem like we're there yet, but from your description, it sounds like a mutated form of mitochondria.🤔

@Amenohi
IMHO, worms (and a derivative of worms) consist of an LCL-like substance (which contains "light fragments") and an "AT field".
The Post-Helmet consumed precisely worms from carriers (but not their base bodies) and giant carriers completely.
This turned the Post-Helmet into a gigantic creature that later broke up into a puddle of "LCL". Perhaps because the absorption was too fast and the overall “AT field” could not cope with the retention of the shape of such an amount of “LCL”.

The requirement of a bite also encourages one to think that the transmission of "fragments of light" requires some significant aggressive action.
Since even a long-term touch is clearly not enough to transmit such an amount of “fragments of light” that is enough to cause critical processes in the recipient organism.

This is all, of course, theory, but taking into account the fact that worms, carriers, etc. - obviously anomal, it is necessary to introduce no less anomal variants of their device.

No. Mitochindria are real objects that can be seen with a good microscope, which obviously should be in a serious laboratory.
"Fragments of the light" are quite large and visible with the "ordinary" eyes of such a "post-human" creature as Kaori. But not visible to ordinary people like scientists.

Light spoiler:
Scientists will receive information about "fragments of light" (or something similar) from Kaori only in 90+ chapters.
Alas, I don’t know the Japanese language, but from the pictures it’s not very clear what info there is.

I was more interested in what the big brother was doing.
The political component of this manga is too confusing.
So I won’t take up the story about her without knowing the text.

Dex-chan lover
When your manga doesn't make any freaking sense and you need an entire exposition chapter to try to solve all the plotholes.

Users who are viewing this thread