Inkya Datta Ore no Seishun Revenge: Tenshi sugiru Ano Ko to Ayumu Re Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Every morning this guy wakes up and sees this in his mirror.
IMG_20240228_121133.png
Why is he on the beach? Is he homeless?

Dex-chan lover
glad he realized hes in love with her, but reading these comments is making me want to kill myself, imma go binge the novel so i can feel worse faster!

Dex-chan lover
Honestly tho, I kinda expect it by now.

There's something about the manga that feels tropey, maybe the constant allusions to revenge fantasies and tongue-n-cheek self-insert. It's like the author REALLY wants to play these tropes but knows the series will be flat and generic. But every chapter in the manga feels like it's getting closer.
I felt this too. The author sure love to use cliche tropes for one-use purpose like MC mom existed just for that one reunion scene when he regress back then completely erased by the sister and never existed anymore. Then there's also the delinquent dude that only get clowned and can't do anything impactful to plot and again erased MC dissed him for being inferior complex

Dex-chan lover
Good now pls dont do this mistake
-Having second thoughts
-Chicken out
-Think what is best for her (other rich boi etc etc is best for her future bla bla)

Group Leader
Oh god, no, NO! I REMEMBER IT NOW!
The next arc will be REALLY FUCKING TRASH, LIKE HOLY SHIT, you guys have no idea the massive drop in quality this manga is about to experience, once one of the most infuriating character tropes you can possibly find in a romcom is introduced next as a rival.

I had blocked this arc out of my memory because of how bad it was on the Web Novel.
I hope the manga improves it A LOT, or outright skips it, but checking the RAWS, I see it won't.

welp its qutie a classic on those loop stories anyway XD

Dex-chan lover
well, I guess it's good that there's no time loop fantasy magic shenanigans happening aside from him returning to his past.

what if the future he experienced was also just a very long dream? like out of his anxiety having his boring HS life and fear for the future, his brain made him experience a nightmare of a future. which he then continued dreaming today.

also, really shijouin or whatever she's called, your reaction to a man having that facial expression in his sleep and even falling from his chair... is to give him a lap pillow??? I'd f**** call an ambulance if he stayed asleep during that lol 😂

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Phew that was close. I was thinking he probably almost died again as a highschooler and his soul is attempting to return to a diverging point in his adult life timeline but somehow he managed to pull himself back to the high school timeline.

But yeah, I really do hope he manages to also change Shijouin's future for real this time.

Dex-chan lover
WE'RE SO BACK, I wanted to say I hope this doesn't turn into a trash generic romcom but looks like the next arc is shit from the comments lol
It's so over

Dex-chan lover
Fucking. Roasted.
image.png
This tendency of female manga characters to call their male counterparts virgins always stands out to me, in a bad way. At least where I'm from, calling someone a virgin is a somewhat loaded insult, not to mention it carries the implication that the insulter has had sex before. I don't think imouto's telling him she's already been shagged, so it's just... Odd.
Anyone more familiar with Japanese culture can enlighten us on how this type of insult is interpreted there and/or whether such name calling happens IRL?

Dex-chan lover
This tendency of female manga characters to call their male counterparts virgins always stands out to me, in a bad way. At least where I'm from, calling someone a virgin is a somewhat loaded insult, not to mention it carries the implication that the insulter has had sex before. I don't think imouto's telling him she's already been shagged, so it's just... Odd.
Anyone more familiar with Japanese culture can enlighten us on how this type of insult is interpreted there and/or whether such name calling happens IRL?
My interpretation is that it's a metonym. Not having sex is connected to not understanding romantic feelings. While you're right that "Virgin" is often used as an insult that implies superior/inferior sex-having, in this case she's just calling him out for misreading the obvious emotional cues.
Why is he on the beach? Is he homeless?
Not homeless, he's free range. Unburdened by rent or mortgage. He sleeps on a big pile of seaweed, surrounded by crabs. Crab king!

Users who are viewing this thread