Insomniacs After School

The deathflag theory is gonna be at its all time high on chapter 20. Never thought Ojiro Makoto's work would go this route. And i'm still not sure whether it's infact a death flag.

The school and its observatory in manga are taken from a real Japanese High School.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPcnVj5UEAAVa2L?format=jpg&name=large

Group Leader
@McLXIX
The story is set in Nanao city in Ishikawa prefecture. If you look around a bit on google maps you can find a lot of scenes are based in real locations. It's a good way to waste a couple hours lol.

@heynow

I would just like to thank you for scanlating Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia. Great seinen mangas like this are hard to come by especially for non-Japanese readers like me. I'm actually looking into the three others series your considering of scanlating. They look very interesting.

Anyways, I saw the picture of the Japanese Highschool with the observatory in Twitter. Though I probably would not have ever known the real setting of the story. So thanks for that too.

Looking forward for your future releases. 😊

Just get a damn prescription for trazidone our ambient or some shit. Guarantee that'd knock him out.

Group Leader
Thanks for going the extra mile and doing the sfxs, pretty rare these days.

Dex-chan lover
@MangaRockRefugee
Since if made that comment I noticed two more flags, about the "heartbeat" and the "coffin".
Maybe I could find more if tried.

Fed-Kun's army
is it like a one time translation or just an upload of licensed chapter ? because they all got upload at the same time @heynow

also is it something that would be suceptible of having a sad ending ? cause i saw some comment talking about the girl being weak of heart or something

Group Leader
@migh
I'm translating this series on a volume by volume basis. I work pretty quickly so that's why many of the chapters got released around the same time. As far as I am aware, there is not yet any official English release of this series.
In terms of a potential sad ending, it's hard to say at this point. I don't want to spoil anything so I will hold my tongue at least until volume 3 is out.

Just an FYI for everyone, Volume 3's release date is April 10th.

Wow...you do work quick...its been a day

I only saw one update, read a chapter and another chapter popped up

Thanks for the chapters :D @heynow

This is really feeling like it's headed towards being a Tragedy, especially what she said on chapter 20, hopefully it doesn't end up being like Fuuka, that one made me hate Tragedies to the point as soon as I see any manga in the Tragedy Genre I automatically avoid it, but so far this manga's so good I'll keep reading, unless it does turn out to be like Fuuka.

Dex-chan lover
@randomname92

I believe that we'll nave no such surprises.

Think about this, even if it's possible would this author really do something like this, just "kill" her? Not only doesn't makes his style, also, just because she is "ill" doesn't mean that she'll drop dead suddenly. A chronicle disease isn't like that, no matter how many anime and manga clichés may make you think otherwise.
I believe that Magari also is not expecting to die suddenly, what she must expect is a shorter life expectancy, and that's that. Before dying she will first feel unwell and be admitted on a hospital, from which she may recover again. Instead of Nakami suddenly losing her what will probably happen is that he'll have to live with this reality that he'll probably have to see her dying slowly.

Looks like he already takes care of himself and even his father a bit.

USk6CqS.png

So after reading the summary, I went ahead and looked at the tags. Glad there's no ecchi and smut. But this is Ojiro's manga.

Users who are viewing this thread