iPhone Sign-In Problem

Hey, been having this problem on Safari on mobile (iphone, 16.5.1) and I am on the latest ios, but started with the most recent ios updates (I just thought it was going to get fixed with updated ios's). The site works fine before and after logging in but it gets "locked up" after logging in and the warning pop up for account safety and stuff shows up for a split second then the tab/ screen goes blank and gets stuck on loading the site like its loading something or refeshing; refreshing the tab again doesn't work and it is forever loading/ gets stuck loading. The only way I can make the site work again is by spamming the back button to have the site say that I am already signed in and I hit the "back to the application" link/ button and site is fully functional after that. Hopefully I can get some input on this!

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Check your content blockers and parental control settings.

Check your content blockers and parental control settings.
Hey, turned off each setting at a time and tried to isolate the the setting/issue. “Prevent cross-site tracking, hide ip address, privacy preserving ad measurement and this still happens when I am on data. I don’t have parental control turned on or installed any content blockers that I know about at least. It happens right after putting in the 2FA and entering so I also removed that for a bit still happened.

Staff
Super Moderator
Try clearing your cookies/site data for MD specifically, and try an incognito tab too.

Does the site work fine aside from logging in? We've had this issue before with the site locking up after logging in and it was always caused by something blocking the popup window client-side and killing everything.

I’m usually on incognito/private tabs and it worked. Only recently its been happening. The site works fine even after going around and doing the “hit the back button and seeing the you're already signed in option” its just sign in that is having problems locking up. Still locking up even disabling “block pop up” options and hitting the “clear history and website data” options together and I still have to go around to the already signed in option to get access to the site while signing in. Edit: just tried it with a “normal” tab with my usual settings on except for except for “block all cookies” and she is still locking up after signing in. Even going back and forth on mobile now between forum and main site its fine. Seems to be just after hitting sign in process its locking up

Last edited:
Try clearing your cookies/site data for MD specifically, and try an incognito tab too.

Does the site work fine aside from logging in? We've had this issue before with the site locking up after logging in and it was always caused by something blocking the popup window client-side and killing everything.

I’m usually on incognito/private tabs and it worked. Only recently its been happening. The site works fine even after going around and doing the “hit the back button and seeing the you're already signed in option” its just sign in that is having problems locking up. Still locking up even disabling “block pop up” options and hitting the “clear history and website data” options together and I still have to go around to the already signed in option to get access to the site while signing in. Edit: just tried it with a “normal” tab with my usual settings on except for except for “block all cookies” and she is still locking up after signing in. Even going back and forth on mobile now between forum and main site its fine. Seems to be just after hitting sign in process its locking up

(sorry for spam, idk if this is how you get notified that I replied)

Hey, any updates or anything? Just tried logging into mangadex on firefox on tmy phone its still have the “lockup” issue when signing in.

Last edited:

Just tried logging in from a friends iphone as well, still had the same issue of locking up after clicking “sign in”. From safari, from ios 16.4.1 and I am on 16.5.1 and both are iphone 13s

Staff
Super Moderator
Cannot replicate this on 16.5.1 with a fresh Safari profile.

Dex-chan lover
I can replicate this on 16.5.1 in incognito and no extensions. Never had this problem before on 16.3.1.

Edit - If you press reload and is very patient it will load after a while, it took 1.2 minutes.

Last edited:
I can replicate this on 16.5.1 in incognito and no extensions. Never had this problem before on 16.3.1.

Edit - If you press reload and is very patient it will load after a while, it took 1.2 minutes.
Yes! I thought I was going crazy!!!! Thanks for the extra support. It only recently started happening other then the lock up the whole site is fine. Also have no extensions, and on “incognito”/ private tab (for safari). Its just recently started acting up. The site was working perfectly even on private tabs I could care less about signing in ever time. Just wanted it to be smooth/ streamlined again. Thanks for the reply you guys!

Not trying to spam or anything. I just want to make the sign in process smoother. Anything you need from me please! Heck if you want I can show you the sign in process through discord if you want. Anything to show the problem so you guys have a better idea of the situation. I really appreciate you getting back to me! Thank you!

I don’t know if you guys changed something in the back end or because I just updated ios 16.6 (20G75), but its f-in smooth agian! Logined in twice just to make sure I wasn’t crazy. And by god it works!!! Incognito and everything doesn't lock up after sign or blank out when showing the privacy warning and what not! No more doing that “back page get around” I was doing! Hopefully it wasn’t a dud and keeps workin’!

Edit: completely “exited/ closed out safari” and came back for the third time the charm and she’s smooth agan! Like I said idk if it was you guys; if it was, T H A N K Y O U. Usually come home late nights and doing all that to sign in hurts the short manga time I already have so reall, thanks guys!

Dex-chan lover
As far as I'm aware, we've changed literally nothing related to login functionality.

@Penthero Still having issues?
Yes it still happens. What’s interesting is that I had no problem in 16.3.1, and then directly after I updated to 16.5.1 to test this it started happening.
edit - I should get around and check 16.6 to see if I still experience it later today.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware, we've changed literally nothing related to login functionality.

@Penthero Still having issues?
I haven’t changes anything either in settings changes at least that I have done to safari, still in incognito, only thing would be that ios change. At least in my opinion then

Users who are viewing this thread