IRIS - Lady with a Smartphone - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
The trap is sprung and karmic has taken it's bite. Yeesh, they even faked her will? I wonder if that'll be used as evidence?

I assume being thrown off-board means you're kicked out of the ship into the harbor, while being thrown overboard means you're being thrown into the water.

Thrown off board sounds like he was kicked out of the ship, while it's still docked. Thrown overboard to me sounds like he was thrown to the sea ahahahaha

(An oversized rice sack filled with fist sized gems.)
"Use these low quality gems as bait."

Ha..?
I mean, even if there's something wrong with the cut (though I'm not sure why nobles would hoarding flawed gems; Then again, I'm also not sure why they'd have an entire storehouse's worth of gems to begin with, either), they seem to be superb enough in carat, clarity, and color to still make them quite valuable.

There's definitely merit to giving him a reasonable amount of funds, as he'd be seen spending copious amounts of money if he's ever tracked, which'd make any statements he makes regarding the quantity of loot present in the warehouse extremely suspect. It's a great way to divert attentions from the truth of the matter. That said, the "low quality gems" line just really doesn't seem to match the choice of art. :p

Moreover, unless gems are seriously devalued in this kingdom (which is plausible, they have managed to build up an entire warehouse of them, after all), that'd be an absurd amount of wealth to give up, even for the sake of a ruse. Which doesn't necessarily mean it's the wrong choice, but it really does raise the liklihood that the art isn't properly representative of the actual circumstances. Well, alternatively, it could just be that a "fallen noble" still has a rather phenomenal amount of wealth to work with, and that sack isn't all that significant to the whole.

Really, there's just a lot of questions raised, there. :p

@Nogoodimaginativename @NEly @shiirosagi
"off board" is the proper term when pulling someone off a ship. "overboard" is the term for when they get tossed into the water. It's a subtle nuance. ^.^

It's pretty straightforward when you think of it, however:
You get on a ship. You get off a ship. You go over a railing.

There's also the rather familiar "Man overboard!" to use as a reference point, as well.
Somewhat less commonly heard, but still good for noting, are phrases such as "They boarded onto the ship" and "It was off-boarded safely."

^.^

(Of course, as far as which is appropriate for the context, I can't say. But I can at least say that it'd be a rather extravagent use of all those gems, to use them in place of concrete shoes. ~.^)

HAHAHAHA "son of a bitch". YOU RIGHT, MISS IRIS. And so is that bitch daughter of his and the mom. ENTIRE FAMILY ROTTEN.

YEAH, JUST DIE THEN, YOU THIEVING C*NT– or suffer. That’s merciful enough.

Users who are viewing this thread