Iron Ladies - Ch. 79 - Sniper Battle

Dex-chan lover
I have no problem with fantasy elements but, at 800 km, he has to shoot several minutes before the target is in place!! And the horizon HAS to be shorter than that. If not, that planet is AT LEAST 80 times larger than earth and the gravity would snatch that bullet out the air like inmates to Jared from subway's booty hole.

Also, @allenallenallen333, thanks for all you do.

Well that sounded like a proposal to him I guess and she did it on live tv way to go immortal goddess

Me

Dex-chan lover
@Cyoteblack The planet could be wider than Earth but also less dense.
But no, those numbers are random BS meant to sound cool if you don't know what they mean.

Fed-Kun's army
I've been feasting on this comic over the break so I'm glad the translator was also able to feast on some dumplings!

Fed-Kun's army
....Really? 800 kilometers?

This author's grasp of science/military realities is about on par with a brain damaged chimpanzee. What, are you telling me that suddenly everyone can curve bullets willy nilly like the assassins from that Wanted movie?

Hahaha the biggest problem i have with the 800km distance, aside from its distance o.o, is the fact that the sniper is pointing his rifle DOWN... From 800km away, you would need it no lower than 45 degrees in the sky to even attempt that shot XD and that's assuming his rifle/bullet can even make that distance... I will give the benefit of the doubt on that part tho, since it is way in the future, and there very well could be firearms with that capability for all we know XD but still... IT WOULD STILL BE POINTING IN THE SKY XD

About the science part, do you think they still use gunpowder or something to explosively send a bullet out so far in the future? It might be far more accurate to use some kind of magnet rail, which would also make it faster. That's assuming optimal nanomaterial shape, not to mention the guy himself is not flesh and blood. You can count him as mounted turret with digital aiming system inside, and seriously don't count time with bullet speeds you know of today's guns.

Dex-chan lover
Assuming the trajectory, wind, powder, and tech, it's still weird. Even the latest railgun tech can only shoot at 160km distance away from target. well, if the author was using a railgun instead, i think it's still acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread