Is it possible to include more info on chapter images when shared

Power Uploader
So, I'm not so sure whether this is actually possible but I'd like to put the idea out:

The reader lets users open image in new tab, and opens images in a secure blob instead of a separate url (instead of how opening covers in new tab work, the reasoning being understandable given how MD@H is setup)

Similar to how embeds generate a pretty thumbnail that shows you at a glance what chapter/group/manga the linked chapter is
Would it be possible for copying the image using browser right click to create a blob that contains the image and a text saying manga + chapter name

i.e. instead of
`BEGIN-CLIPBOARD-DATA`TIFF picture:<data x00000-image-0000000000-binary-00000000-data-0000000-bits-000000000>END-CLIPBOARD-DATA
you can have
BEGIN-CLIPBOARD-DATA<chapter-title>TIFF:<image-binary-data>END-CLIPBOARD-DATA

Other Details:
a) I tried searching for ways of how other developers might have attempted it before but any search just assumes I want to do OCR on an image to find the text in it instead of looking for a way for browsers to copy both text and image to the clipboard (damn you information camouflage!)
b) I thought this would be something thats already being done given the increasing importance alt-text has for screen readers and web accessibility but I couldn't find much :/
c) amidst all the search result noise, I was still able to find few tidbits like
- How to view the clipboard content
osascript -e 'the clipboard as record' | less
- How to hijack browser javascript to copy a text whenever a user tries to copy an image (or well that's how I interpreted this) - StackOverflow
- What is actually copied anyways, which is honestly an interesting question on how browsers and an operating system's clipboard works - StackOverflow
ok clippy, why is it even called a "clipboard"?

Upvote 0
Contributor
The reader lets users open image in new tab, and opens images in a secure blob instead of a separate url (instead of how opening covers in new tab work, the reasoning being understandable given how MD@H is setup)
Iirc the reason for using blobs has nothing to do with MD@H and has to do with the reader. By using a blob it's easier to manipulate the image based on the a user's reader settings.

Similar to how embeds generate a pretty thumbnail that shows you at a glance what chapter/group/manga the linked chapter is
Would it be possible for copying the image using browser right click to create a blob that contains the image and a text saying manga + chapter name
Overriding default Web browser functions is cursed and should never be done unless it cannot be avoided. Also this wouldn't work if the a user opened the image in a new tab, so you would have to preemptively add all of this data to every blob.

An alternative suggestion would be if someone wanted this behavior a userscript would be plenty suitable.

Users who are viewing this thread