Add volume info from "edit title" page

Contributor
Not sure how practical it'd be to implement, but it'd be nice to be able to add the chapter ranges for the volumes just in bulk via the edit title page and just have them added automatically after that. It's relatively easy for a contributor to pop open amazon.jp and go through all the tables of contents to find out what the ranges are, and it could be done before the chapters release. (Edit: before the translated chapters release)

For me personally, I find that reporting titles with the volume data ends up being like the second most frequent thing I do after adding tracking website links. (I think that's the only way to do it?)

idk a pretty ui way to implement it, but something simple like a text field where you could type uhh
Code:
1,1,7; 2,8,14; etc
could do the job

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Vaguely planned feature, but it'd need a complete rework to how volume numbers are handled + an exception for titles with non-standard volume numbering. The "chapterNumbersResetOnNewVolume" attribute for manga is related to this; it currently does nothing, but that's the planned solution for the latter issue. There's also some titles where different releases have pulled from different numbered sources and need to be split/merged as appropriate, and applying a bulk volume edit to them in their current state would fuck up the chapters. Also, titles like Tonikaku Kawaii where the chapters aren't strictly aligned with volumes (V15=ch140-147, V16=ch1-4+137-140+148) would need to be tracked and excluded from this too.

Opening what's effectively bulk volume editing of other people's chapters to contribs would immediately lead to bulk incorrect editing, too, it'd have to be controlled.

Not a high priority at the moment, as you can chuck the same bulk volume schema into a report and a moderator can run it through the mass edit tool.

1:1-7
2:8-14
etc

Staff
Super Moderator
Vaguely planned feature, but it'd need a complete rework to how volume numbers are handled
I would be sad if it weren't. I bothered you too many times :kek:
It's relatively easy for a contributor to pop open amazon.jp and go through all the tables of contents to find out what the ranges are, and it could be done before the chapters release.
There's also some titles where different releases have pulled from different numbered sources and need to be split/merged as appropriate, and applying a bulk volume edit to them in their current state would fuck up the chapters. Also, titles like Tonikaku Kawaii where the chapters aren't strictly aligned with volumes (V15=ch140-147, V16=ch1-4+137-140+148) would need to be tracked and excluded from this too.

Opening what's effectively bulk volume editing of other people's chapters to contribs would immediately lead to bulk incorrect editing, too, it'd have to be controlled.
even if the feature would ever be added, it would probably be only for a smaller more trusted group
it's quite sad, but simply checking amazon and not doing more research wouldn't be enough if we'd actually care about data authenticity instead of "what is best and takes the least amount of time and effort"

Users who are viewing this thread