Is It Tough Being a Friend? - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Poor Ryugua...

She has the best possible bro, but he's been unintentionally friendzoning her this entire goddamn time.

I'm gonna laugh if he says he just though she was gay for him

So the fits where she was trying to keep the dragon contained was her trying to hold back those massive titties?

I was kind of hoping this series was about to steer towards the protagonist and best friend getting together in the gay way but this is pretty good as well. I hope everyone has noticed all the times the author played their interactions like flirting 'for gags'. It's going to be a little lame how easily the other love interests get dealt with though. Him being gay would have sparked a pretty cool conversation.

Dex-chan lover
@Tersione I was thinking he bandaged his chest. I mean, it can't be healthy to squish that inordinate amount of plot into the flatness of this story, but judging from what manga taught me that is done all the time in japan. Despite it being seemingly physically impossible.

Group Leader
I’m more surprised about the ‘criminal’ appearing here though.

The surprise has never been that Ryuuga was a girl all along. The real surprise will be whether the heroines know that already or not.

Double-page supporter
Goodbye interesting bromance and hello generic romcom.

Demons, vampires, superpowers - sure, go ahed. But those bombs being reduced to zero is just disrespectful towards space-time continuum.
@hoebag69 The author was probably afraid of gathering the wrong croud if it went on for long. Even here you can find people acting dissapointed despite all the tags.

Thanks for the chapter!
Well now we know why Ryuuga reacted that way when MC touched her chest and mentioned having a heavy load to carry! XD Although MC should really not adhere to stereotypes and templates so much, especially as life has a tendency to throw some nasty curve balls. For example, now that the protagonist hero has been revealed to be a heroine that means MC is the true male lead. Especially since there aren't any other males (other than mob characters,) involved much less ones who know about the girls' secret mission and powers. Also, since Elmira is a vampire I wonder if a werewolf, undead, or reanimated corpse will join in at some point?

BTW, in terms of additional characters MC forgot to consider the childhood friend showing up with or without powers. After all, Ryuuga likely had a friend before heading off to China, or a fellow disciple got close to with all the training while in China.

@gaigous Partially depends if other heroines know or not, (probably not due to some stupid family rule about the host of the dragon always look and act male even if born female,) although in CH2 Aogasaki called Ryuuga a man despite thinking she was alone with her. In any case, since the class and rest of school definitely don't know, along with MC hugging Ryuuga in public, there's a good chance of rumors starting about BL between MC and Ryuuga. Especially since Ryuuga doesn't have to worry about keeping distant from MC to avoid being discovered anymore. Might even start getting closer and flirting a little despite still keeping up act.

Be me, thought that I scanlator publishes a dupe chapter. Turns out I read a raw chapter back then but forgot its a raw, don't be me.

Group Leader
Is mangadex slow just for me or is everyone else experiencing the same issue?
And by slow, I mean I haven't been able to load a single image in the past few days!
Actually, this is the first time I have been able to load the comments section. No other site suffers from this, so I'm guessing it's MD's servers, but is anyone else having this issue lately?

Group Leader
Raise your hands if you knew it! o/

On another note, my favorite type of crossdressing: the REVERSE TRAP!!!

Group Leader
@YamiryuuZero

Server is being overloaded, and I think some of the 3rd party apps are accidentally DDOSing the site? Not sure. They're working on it.

Group Leader
I thought I was so clever because I knew the secret but it turns out that everyone already knew! I never looked at the tags, lol.

I thought that the "side but actually main character" would be the one crossdressing!

Users who are viewing this thread