Is mangadex becoming more toxic?

just let them be, don't waste your time on hate. It's not that important to reply on toxic people, imo. Although telling it to public is important to give awareness for MD community, so thanks for PSA-like thread op!! (not a sarcasm).

Sometimes I guess though among the most toxic people that I've never got tired to read their post is a member of a translation groups getting toxic when people try to criticize about their slow release and why they're getting sniped because they always bite more than they can chew. Their toxicity is so bad that it even reached outside of MD. Causing more drama thus causing more toxicity....

Group Leader
Like any other communities, the anime and manga community has their fair share of toxic idiots. MD being a place for manga readers, of course, will attract a number of those people, whether we want to or not. I've run into many of them and I think nearly all of them ended up in my shitlist. It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to go out of your way to insult and mock another is a foolish thing to do. Some people, usually teenagers or college snowflakes, think they are right about everything and because they are right, they get to say and do however they want when someone else doesn't subscribe to their way of thinking. I'm not saying that older people aren't like that, because I've encountered people who never grew out of that phase as well, but in games/manga/anime communities, I feel like the younger ones will be more toxic.

There's no point in arguing with a bunch of strangers on the internet or let them get under your skin. Discussion every now and then is fine, but I wouldn't waste time convincing anyone about anything. I usually just tell others what I think. Whether they like it or not is up to them. I might follow up and respond back if it's worth the trouble. If all I get back is some morons trying to sound smart, welp, I'm out. At this point in my life, my free time is very incredibly super duper mega ultra maximum over precious and I cannot waste it on some random internet thugs. What do I get in the end? Nothing. I think what I think, you think how you like, we move on. That's that.

You just have to learn to ignore the trash and move on, but watch your own actions as well. Don't do the things you criticize others for. We aren't perfect, so we make mistakes once in a while, but try to not be toxic as much as possible. Think carefully before you say or something, and if you realize you might have stepped over the line, kindly apologize. It's a sign of being a mature person, not a weakling. Three important things:

1. It's not what you say, but how you say it.

qdSIpYp.jpg

2. You don't always have to say the last words, but if you want, rage all you want them block them so you get to say the last words, at least from your perspective. XD

3. Sometimes, the only response you need is "insect, block."

maxresdefault.jpg

Too bad, not everyone can be as lovely, mature, decent, cute, pleasant, honorable, kawaii, sexy, elegant, funny, lovable, huggable, like me. =w=

@MawMaw @Kanami-chan No need to be rude. Be nice. Or you'll get a spanking from ModDaddy.

Dex-chan lover
As for the Defaultbro pic, why the hate. :)
Because it's fun. It's similar to the NPC meme.
It could be that some people are just lazy, or think that a pic doesn't represent who they are
It's worth recognizing that a pic actually does play a part in how you appear to others when said pic appears alongside everything you have to say. So for better or worse, pfp's do represent users.
earlier in the week, I decided to find and load an image to please the masses that apparently are prejudiced against defaultbros. I hope the pic pleases the defaultbro haters.
Changing from default1 to default2 (or any other defaults) is like someone asking you to move (out of a doorway) so they can get through, only for you to flail your arms around and say "hey, I'm technically moving, right?"
much of what has been said about defaultbro pics I believe could be said about others. I have seen plenty of toxic responses from those with the accepted non default pic too.
In terms of being difficult to get along with, sure, regular users can be just as bad. But previous statements about the negative effects from a lack of a pfp still stand, and the wall between us and defaultbros will always exist.

As a leading professor in defaultbro-human relations, I'm beginning to wonder if classifying defaultkin as a subspecies of Homo sapiens might be a necessary step in discerning the two.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
As a leading professor in defaultbro-human relations, I'm beginning to wonder if classifying defaultkin as a subspecies of Homo sapiens might be a necessary step in discerning the two.
@bigtiddyoneesan
Even as a joke, I don't think that's a good idea.

Dex-chan lover
Yes and no. I don't think mangadex is getting more toxic from the general population and I think the amount of toxicity has generally stayed constant, even as the site grew. I think society as a whole has become more toxic in the last few years so you'll just see some of that pushed into places.

@bigtiddyoneesan

The first post she made in politics general didn't get a response so I don't think she was talking about that, though I don't know where her first post would be because I've only ever seen her in politics threads. It would be funny if she was referring to me making a response to her several months later, which caused her to block me and compare the term "American Indian" to the N-word, but I don't think she referring to that either.

Hopefully she's not because I don't want to be hexed by the Cherokee Indians to have the spirits of all the black slaves they had haunt me until the end of days

being flat is essential. Browse twitter for politics topic, but all i got is nothing, but a disappointment.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it would be better if humanity had a hive mind. There'd be no arguing and hate, if everyone had the same opinion. Also as an added bonus, the hive mind would dub one day a month, Procreation Day, which would incorporate one large planet sized mega orgy.

Dex-chan lover
People don't know Aichan talk like that Aichan sounds weird but that's Aichan's persona in mangadex and I assume with other anime websites I did find Aichan weird at first but you get used to it and not take whatever Aichan say seriously unless stated otherwise by Aichan it's mostly when Aichan stops using AIchan typing Aichan and mentioning Aichan.

@Aichan also that manga looks like it has incest what's the sauce

I wish.
This place needs more toxicity in my opinion.
How are courtesy and cordiality going to help you?
Meaningful discussion? Are you a functioning member of society or something?
We're all here because the answer to the latter question is no.

Yours faithfully,
💩☠💩

P.S. I've taken dumps more toxic than as he put it:
are you stupid? I genuinely wish you had the people you care about murdered in front of you.
and I think most people here have as well.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Damn, bro. You're so woke I don't think you even sleep anymore.

Dex-chan lover
People don't know Aichan talk like that Aichan sounds weird but that's Aichan's persona in mangadex and I assume with other anime websites I did find Aichan weird at first but you get used to it and not take whatever Aichan say seriously unless stated otherwise by Aichan it's mostly when Aichan stops using AIchan typing Aichan and mentioning Aichan.
Decent copypasta.
@Richman
People don't know Richman talk like that Richman sounds weird but that's Richman's persona in mangadex and I assume with other anime websites I did find Richman weird at first but you get used to it and not take whatever Richman say seriously unless stated otherwise by Richman it's mostly when Richman stops using Richman typing Richman and mentioning Richman.

@Tamerlane
If the attack statement was accurate, my guess is she just posted some dumb shit in some manga comment section and someone replied to it.

Dex-chan lover
@yuge_lad

If you have taken worse toxicity than others, that still doesn't make it okay. We're not in a competition. If your house has been robbed and you lost 1 million compared to your neighbour who lost 100,000, does that mean his loss is not important?

We are in a manga reading site. An entertainment site. How does toxicity help enjoy entertainment? Cordiality helps enjoy entertainment, and cordiality or at least civility ensures that everyone can enjoy what they enjoy, even if it's not what you'd enjoy.

How does insulting people help? Is it normal to go to a coffee shop and insult the first person you see? If you don't do it in your everyday life against real people, why would you think it's okay to do it in virtual space against real people?

EDIT: Wait, were you being sarcastic with your first reply? Because yes, I am a functioning member of society.

@bigtiddyoneesan

What I quoted was the only thing I said in that comment section. There was nothing else I said there. EDIT: Oh wait, you were talking about someone else. Sorry, ignore this.

Users who are viewing this thread