Is there a way to hide the “tragedy” tag from showing up on the manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don’t mean avoiding tragedy stuff but I don’t want to see the tag on works that have tragedy because it ruins it for me and always makes me anticipate the tragedy.

For example, Berserk, I read it without knowing it had tragedy stuff and boy was I shocked but if I were to read it here, I would see the tragedy listed in the tags and avoid it.

I just want to read a work without knowing the tags. So that I can be shocked like the author intended it. Tags are spoilers, Is there anyway to avoid seeing the tragedy tag or any tag?

Dex-chan lover
but if I were to read it here, I would see the tragedy listed in the tags and avoid it.
You wouldn't read it solely due to the fact that the 'tragedies' wouldn't be especially shocking anymore?

@bigtiddyoneesan

yes, it’s a big giveaway into the the story. Note : I love berserk and it was especially shocking, had I known there was a tragedy tag, I don’t think I would have the heart to bear to see anything happen to Gutts.

Seeing the tragedy tag makes me only anxious and I can’t think of anything else when I read a story with it. I always think to myself “when is it going to happen?”. I want to read stories with tragedy in them but I don’t want to know about it in the beginning.

this sounds pretty stupid I get what you mean but the same logic can be applied to literally every single tag, for example I read a gender bender manga in which it's ambiguous whether the character is male or female but one of the tags was 'shounen-ai' which completely spoils the anticipation and ambiguity of the gender reveal, nevertheless I did enjoy it but it left me thinking that it would've been better had I never seen that tag but at the end of the day this is just a stupid reason, the best thing to do would be to scroll straight down to the chapters and ignore the tags and description completely, especially if you're going to read the manga anyways.
Same way how you read Berserk without looking at the tags just do that as a general practice, unless you are actively using the tags to search for manga to read it's kind of pointless to look at them anyways. I use tags to find manga so I have to look at them but for manga on my plan to read list I generally ignore the tags and head straight in so I can go in completely blank.

Dex-chan lover
Have a friend hit you in the head with a metal bat, after you see one.

@AnimefangirlX
You can't block specific element?
Code:
mangadex.org##a.badge-secondary.badge:nth-of-type(8)
Which works in ublockOrigin

Double-page supporter
> Which works in ublockOrigin

It blocks 8th badge in "Format" and "Genre" and "Theme" sections. If there's enough badges in specified section :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread