Is this overly long site advert at the beginning of the chapter really okay?

Dex-chan lover
Surya Scans recently uploaded chapters of "I have Max Level Luck" an example here with a really damn long site advert that seethes about people not visiting their site that takes up around 18% of the entire chapter and is a pain to skip.
While there isn't any rule against that kind of stuff, I kinda wanna ask if there should be one, given that it is extremely annoying to read and kinda exploitable if allowed in the future.
I therefore suggest it should be forbidden to overdo it with those "Read on our site" panels

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Surya Scans recently uploaded chapters of "I have Max Level Luck" an example here with a really damn long site advert that seethes about people not visiting their site that takes up around 18% of the entire chapter and is a pain to skip.
While there isn't any rule against that kind of stuff, I kinda wanna ask if there should be one, given that it is extremely annoying to read and kinda exploitable if allowed in the future.
I therefore suggest it should be forbidden to overdo it with those "Read on our site" panels

I saw the first two pages and thought, "Oh, that's not that bad." And started scrolling. It took me a while to notice the panels weren't part of the actual chapter.

Holy shit, that is horrific.

Power Uploader
There used to be a rule against having an excessive amount of scanlator pages (more than 2 or 3 pages IIRC), but that went away a while ago. Now the only rule is 3.2.7 - extraneous content must be placed at either the beginning or end of a chapter, and it can't contain political/hate/offensive content.

So according to the rules, this is okay. Though I agree it is insanely excessive.

Edit: It was a mod who uploaded it to, so there's probably not much point in complaining. At least having it available here on MD will allievate you of the need to go to the scanlator site to read it. And with that extent of in-chapter self-promotion, I don't even want to think of what their site would look like without an adblocker.

Users who are viewing this thread