Isekai de Ane ni Namae wo Ubawaremashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Saintess' Power

Double-page supporter
Right on cue, the Prince cockblock returns to destroy any chance of romance between the two love birds.

Yes, I ship Ichika with Cecil. He's the only one that's been nice and welcoming out of everyone. Noah can stick with his hand and pout over some girl he never met.
You seem to have missed the clues the author has been giving about who was really on the other side of the mirror.

Dex-chan lover
You seem to have missed the clues the author has been giving about who was really on the other side of the mirror.
I know about the clues. I just don't care right now because none of them know who really was on the other end of the mirror yet. And Noah has been treating Ichika like a burden this who time. Like he could have at least warned her about those monsters in the river, but didn't.

Nobody - including Ichika's own sister - has been treating her kindly other than Cecil. It was Cecil that taught Ichika how to dance after Noah abandoned her in her lessons, which would have embarrassed her later on in the ball. It was Cecil that encouraged Ichika to learn more about the world and to try and help people. What exactly is there to like about Noah right now?

Dex-chan lover
i really hope we won't need to wait too long for the truth, at least on the sisters side, to come to light. i feel some characters on the princes' sides have some suspicions, but i just don't wanna see this drag on for a couple more volumes.

Dex-chan lover
Well this turned into a wall of text.

I know about the clues. I just don't care right now because none of them know who really was on the other end of the mirror yet. And Noah has been treating Ichika like a burden this who time. Like he could have at least warned her about those monsters in the river, but didn't.

Nobody - including Ichika's own sister - has been treating her kindly other than Cecil. It was Cecil that taught Ichika how to dance after Noah abandoned her in her lessons, which would have embarrassed her later on in the ball. It was Cecil that encouraged Ichika to learn more about the world and to try and help people. What exactly is there to like about Noah right now?
I think the difference here is that "Noah" is a bit tsun (which can admittedly be annoying) but ultimately well-meaning, but "Cecil" is seemingly superficial and careless(or really, airheaded).

I don't think it was really necessary to tell her about the monsters in the river ahead of time, since it would've likely just worried/distracted her. It's enough that he stayed next to her the whole time, presumably to protect her whenever they showed up.

Don't forget that the dancing happened immediately after MC + "Noah" were told they had to get married, and they both (starting with Ichika) stated that they had no interest in the other party. It's understandable that "Noah" would get frustrated by it (as he doesn't want to get closer to her, and dancing's inherently someone intimate), but he's still there for her when it actually matters (letting her learn magic, which will ultimately help her much more than Cecil teaching her how to dance). Cecil helps with the dancing when he hears about it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that first introduction there is just his sense of "needing to act a prince".

I don't think the guy slated to become king seemingly trying to pick up/get close to his brother's fiancee when he's also engaged is really a great role model. In a lot of other manga, that's basically the exact thing the "slimeball prince" does when he starts ignoring the MC "Villainess" character to go have fun with the secretly evil "saintly heroine" (though there is an actual conspiracy here that makes it a slightly different situation, the characters involved don't know).

FWIW, I don't think Cecil is a bad guy like the princes in those other manga. But I think he's basically just a child that's tired from the position he was told to take, and is basically just using Ichika as an outlet for unwinding. I don't think he would have helped Ichika learn magic either, either out of his own inability to do so or a need to listen to his mother. Cecil was given what belonged to Noah and still wants more, Noah had everything taken from him and is frustrated because of it. I don't think that makes Noah a bad guy, especially when the identity realization would fix most of it.

Double-page supporter
noooo noah cockblock. sure that's  his fiance but he doesn't even like Ichika that much and he's not willing to touch Ichika after marriage he should just let it be.

its a little hard for me to feel bad for noah bc i feel even worse for ichika. shes lost her home, her parents, her friends and family, a relatively stable and safe life in modern Japan... because she tried to be friends with a lonely kid in a mirror?

She's lost everything left of her old life so quickly that Noah's lucky she isn't taking it out on him when he's making himself a really easy target up til the engagement party chapter.

She's worried about her parents, who, like when Karen disappeared, will be so upset at losing another one of their kids. Do you think she blames herself when she saw her missing sister in the other world? Her sister who she thought she was close to seems antagonistic (regardless of whether or not Karen's forced into it), she's forced into a loveless, presumably sexless marriage to a prince who gets pissy right from the start through no fault of her own. The ability to choose her husband, her career and her future has been taken away from her.

She doesn't have freedom to leave as well. Is she being paid as the saintess, actually? Royal food and royal standards of living doesnt really mean as much as having her own money..

IMO, dating an isekai tsundere hot prince with no power isn't really worth all of.... that. The bonus of an isekai world having magic isn't really that compelling to me either when Ichika's magic doesn't seem to be able to serve herself ie float things on table to hand or something. Sounds like a mega downgrade from modern world.

Man, you really need an iron will and the heart of a chad to be the MC in some shoujos. But I guess for this shoujo I'm just reading too deep into it.

Maybe it'll be easier for me to like and sympathise with Noah if they started making him strip in panels or do more close ups to his face. For me. hehe.

Dex-chan lover
Some people just want to see their own truth lol

Can't fix stupid
You are quick with the insults but you're too lazy to even make an effort to explain why Noah isn't a bad person. At least the person below you made a real effort and a good argument defending Noah.

But I suppose you are too childish to have a mature discussion like most people here.

Dex-chan lover
Well this turned into a wall of text.

I think the difference here is that "Noah" is a bit tsun (which can admittedly be annoying) but ultimately well-meaning, but "Cecil" is seemingly superficial and careless(or really, airheaded).

I don't think it was really necessary to tell her about the monsters in the river ahead of time, since it would've likely just worried/distracted her. It's enough that he stayed next to her the whole time, presumably to protect her whenever they showed up.

Don't forget that the dancing happened immediately after MC + "Noah" were told they had to get married, and they both (starting with Ichika) stated that they had no interest in the other party. It's understandable that "Noah" would get frustrated by it (as he doesn't want to get closer to her, and dancing's inherently someone intimate), but he's still there for her when it actually matters (letting her learn magic, which will ultimately help her much more than Cecil teaching her how to dance). Cecil helps with the dancing when he hears about it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that first introduction there is just his sense of "needing to act a prince".

I don't think the guy slated to become king seemingly trying to pick up/get close to his brother's fiancee when he's also engaged is really a great role model. In a lot of other manga, that's basically the exact thing the "slimeball prince" does when he starts ignoring the MC "Villainess" character to go have fun with the secretly evil "saintly heroine" (though there is an actual conspiracy here that makes it a slightly different situation, the characters involved don't know).

FWIW, I don't think Cecil is a bad guy like the princes in those other manga. But I think he's basically just a child that's tired from the position he was told to take, and is basically just using Ichika as an outlet for unwinding. I don't think he would have helped Ichika learn magic either, either out of his own inability to do so or a need to listen to his mother. Cecil was given what belonged to Noah and still wants more, Noah had everything taken from him and is frustrated because of it. I don't think that makes Noah a bad guy, especially when the identity realization would fix most of it.
I thank you for making an effort to actually defend Noah instead of just throwing insults like the child above your post.

And I have to admit that you did make a really good argument defending Noah. You almost convinced me with that wall of text. lol

I never thought that Noah was a bad person, per se. I just thought that he simply does not deserve the Ichika given his treatment of her. Yes, it's true that Noah was forced to be engaged to Ichika against his will - but so was Ichika. Although taken care of inside the palace, Ichika was basically treated as a freeloader/burden before her saint powers made her useful. No one really cared about Ichika or payed much attention to her until they were forced to when Ichika was forcefully engaged to Noah. You'd think that knows exactly what it feels like to be forcfully engaged to someone against their will would understand what Ichika is going through, be kind to her, and at least not treat her with scorn. Simply put, no one cared or respected Ichika at all. No one except for Cecil.

Cecil was and still is the only one that has ever been kind to Ichika and cared about her interests and well being. Cecil is the only one that has been there for Ichika when everyone else didn't want anything to do with her.

And I never thought that Cecil was a bad guy either. Yes, it is true that someone that is already engaged going after another girl is technically cheating. But Cecil was forced into that engagement against his will too. There is no love at all between Cecil and Karen. If anything, Cecil is turned off by Karen. Then comes a girl that literally comes out of nowhere. She's beautiful and she's seemingly a perfect match for Cecil. She's everything that Cecil wishes Karen would be. Can you really blame him for falling in love with Ichika?

And it's not like Cecil's feelings are one sided either. We've been getting hints that Ichika is also starting to fall in love with Cecil too. Just look at how she lights up whenever she's with Cecil.

Dex-chan lover
I never thought that Noah was a bad person, per se. I just thought that he simply does not deserve the Ichika given his treatment of her. Yes, it's true that Noah was forced to be engaged to Ichika against his will - but so was Ichika. Although taken care of inside the palace, Ichika was basically treated as a freeloader/burden before her saint powers made her useful. No one really cared about Ichika or payed much attention to her until they were forced to when Ichika was forcefully engaged to Noah. You'd think that knows exactly what it feels like to be forcfully engaged to someone against their will would understand what Ichika is going through, be kind to her, and at least not treat her with scorn. Simply put, no one cared or respected Ichika at all. No one except for Cecil.
I think a lot of your reply makes sense but is ultimately a thing we'll prob just see past each-other on, so I won't really deliberate it much (since I get that some character types just grind peoples' gears, lmao).

But one thing I'll say wrt this point here is that while Ichika and "Noah" are being treated similarly atm, I don't think their overall situations are really the same at all, because of the time-wibbly-wobbly involved. Ichika is a high school girl who's been tossed into this world for a few days (weeks?) or so now, while Noah was a child trapped in a tower and then replaced by his brother when he got out, over a period seeming to be about 10ish years, including throughout puberty/his main childhood developmental phase. I'm not gonna fault Noah for not being as courteous as Ichika is, because even if they're in the same situation now, he's the only one who's had the time to get beaten down by it (and more importantly I'm fine with him since I don't think it's an intrinsic part of his personality, and he'll go back to being a much nicer/less tsun guy once things get revealed).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Uh-oh, busted!

Haha, just wanted to try writing this! :pacman:

Thank you for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Ichika is a high school girl who's been tossed into this world for a few days (weeks?) or so now, while Noah was a child trapped in a tower and then replaced by his brother when he got out, over a period seeming to be about 10ish years, including throughout puberty/his main childhood developmental phase.
Ichika and Karen are university students. It says so in the first chapter, on page 6.

Since it's highly likely that Noah and Cecil are the same ages as Karen and Ichika, then that means that everyone involved are adults -- including Noah. Adults

And I do not think the manga ever said that Noah was trapped in the tower. It showed just showed that Noah went there whenever he wanted to talk with Ichika. Ichika even asks Noah if the tower was his "special place" (chapter 7, page 23), to which he answers with "Yeah! It's my special place." This means that Noah simply went to the tower to get away from everyone and talk with Ichika. The complete opposite of being trapped in the tower.

And yes, I really hate tsundere types. I believe there is a special place in hell especially for the violent tsundere cunts that beat the crap out of the MC and blame him for everything.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ichika and Karen are university students. It says so in the first chapter, on page 6.

Since it's highly likely that Noah and Cecil are the same ages as Karen and Ichika, then that means that everyone involved are adults -- including Noah. Adults

And I do not think the manga ever said that Noah was trapped in the tower. It showed just showed that Noah went there whenever he wanted to talk with Ichika. Ichika even asks Noah if the tower was his "special place" (chapter 7, page 23), to which he answers with "Yeah! It's my special place." This means that Noah simply went to the tower to get away from everyone and talk with Ichika. The complete opposite of being trapped in the tower.

And yes, I really hate tsundere types. I believe there is a special place in hell especially for the violent tsundere cunts that beat the crap out of the MC and blame him for everything.
Yeah, fair on that.

WRT the high school vs university, couldn't remember exactly, but you can still be a teenager in uni. Teens are legally adults, but I know I was still kind of a dumbass in uni, I wouldn't expect someone to suddenly sort out their childhood trauma just because they turn 18.

As for being trapped in the tower, I was probably misremembering the "special place" part. But it doesn't really change the underlying point of him having apparently been tormented by the (queen? Royal consort? Dunno if her actual ID was established beyond "your majesty", but I assume queen from the hatred for dirty blood) since he was a child into giving up his identity to her kid. He's still been tormented/dealt with this situation for as long as he's been a kid in the mirror until now.

Dex-chan lover
You are quick with the insults but you're too lazy to even make an effort to explain why Noah isn't a bad person. At least the person below you made a real effort and a good argument defending Noah.

But I suppose you are too childish to have a mature discussion like most people here.
Nah, it's easier to be blunt since you don't understand obvious context clues.

"Noah can stick with his hand and pout over some girl he never met." Then backtrack and say you know about the clues.

:dogkek:

And your blatant distaste for tsundere characters blinds your judgement and understanding of them. Anyway, to each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread