Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - The Princess And The Ass…

Dex-chan lover
Right behind this chapter? It'll be overtaking this chapter next episode within the first few minutes, maybe even before the opening credits, and that episode is coming out the day after tomorrow. (as of this post it's less than 39 hours until the next episode airs)

Aggregator gang
Wait what ? The anime is already catching up to the manga ? Didn't think it would be this fast...
4 ep per light novel. We just entered ln 3 meaning the next set up to 13 will spoil vol 3 content in the manga.

If it gets a second cour up to volume 5-6.

Dex-chan lover
This is why I like reading the manga too, there's so much details the anime left out.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! Now I won't be disappointed if the anime cuts a lot of this chapter heh.

Dex-chan lover
The light novels are way ahead of this so that’s not really a problem

Group Leader
Oh dang. Didn’t think the anime was moving that fast. Definitely wanna start watching now for the new stuff. Though I’ll keep reading the manga. Obviously

not surprised they kept the assassin alive. Yeah I know. People will complain that mc is too soft but so what? She’s not gonna go against him again (she knows she can’t) and she’s one of the few people in the world that are anywhere close to his level. Make her a bodyguard and almost nothing will be able to threaten the princess. Even when mc is back in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
And caught up. Being sick and not feeling like you want to do anything other than very simply things makes these mangas decent time wasters.

Some of the characters are fun. Luna's got probably the best backstory and character development, Lexia is a kind of clueless idiot who won't take no for an answer that somehow isn't a grating character you just want gone, Kaede's got that friendly, energetic vibe that isn't really improved by making her a "harem" member, and some of the other school characters are okay.

On the other hand, the manga is SO MUCH BETTER... they did one of the worst sins of anime studios with this anime, what was to "dumbify" and "simplify" it to reduce the parental guidance and have more children watch it.
Wait, they dumbified and simplified this? It's already one of those you can turn off your brain and just read without missing anything.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, they dumbified and simplified this? It's already one of those you can turn off your brain and just read without missing anything.
This is why I haven't been too hot on anime adaptations lately. They've almost become as vapid as American cartoons from the early 1980's.

But I guess this is just because in the past, only the cream of the crop made it out of Japan and to foreign shores. You know the rule: 90% of everything is crap. So now that access to anime is much better, that means we've gotten well past that top 10% and are well into the shit tiers.

Dex-chan lover
Erm.....
I am not sure how I feel about her. I assumed she was an assassin but when you put piece to piece here she probably killed a lot of innocent people of the empire let alone just innocents in general. There is a "Forgiveness" for an attempt but the past crimes from how she is implying isn't any small number especially if you have a moniker.

Feels like an "SHE CAN'T BE EVIL....SHE'S CUTE!!" meme....

Dex-chan lover
Feels like an "SHE CAN'T BE EVIL....SHE'S CUTE!!" meme....
I feel like it's more about the tragic backstory.

Forgiveness is more about whether you see the past or look towards the future. You also have to consider that there's nothing for the MC or Lexia to forgive, since they weren't involved in her past.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, they did. Several scenes had cut content, MC's behavior became even more passive than it already was, multiple scenes were changed, most of the fighting scenes were cut and so on.
If you compare both scene by scene it is clear just how much they changed for the worse.

And as you said, this was already a pretty simple "turn your brain off" story, so it is actually quite annoying.

Aggregator gang
is the anime following some sort of light novel version of this manga? i think the anime is gonna go far ahead of this chapter in this week's release

other than that, thank you so much for working hard on these translations😭

Users who are viewing this thread