Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Resolution

Fed-Kun's army
Not sure if the MC still has his old body then the treatment would be same lmao

The wish fulfillment is so thick in this story that I can't help but wonder if the author is still okay. This feels almost like his swansong before doing something terrible and irreversible to himself.

Other than that, the attitude the MC exedus is quite gruesome. If he was still the weak, ugly, obese person, it would look natural. But he's not. His looks are now fitting for a professional model, apparently, and he has the myriad cheat skills that make him a total superman. His language cheat alone could make him an internationally famous person, if he so wanted, because he could translate forgotten languages as well. Also, he actually has an "int" attribute as well, which is in the hundreds if not thousands already. Wouldn't that make him a genius? He could probably master mathematics, physics, and such with minimal efforts.

Yet he's all the time acting like he's nothing and the most worthless person on Earth. How would that look like to people who actually still are miserable and bullied (like he used to be), without his incomprehensible cheats? It's like at a gas station a single parent working two jobs and still barely able to afford their mortgage, supporting the children, and paying for some very ordinary, old used car listening to some Gucci and Armani wearing Lamborghini owner millionaire complaining about the fuel prices. Dude should get his head out of his ass and realise he's the luckiest and most fortunate person on Earth (and another planet). Bloody idiot, despite his high int.
This is a an interesting take...I believe the point of his journey was that his inside qualities never reflected his outside ones. He still has severely low self-esteem, self-confidence and awareness. Most people who would wake up in a model's body might succumb to being vane immediately, but if you ever talked to someone who has lost weight and changed their looks you would be surprised to find that their old self still lives on inside them. The insecurity, the self-doubt, self-hatred and everything else does not vanish if you're an earnest person. Similar to Captain America, it wasn't the abilities the serum gave Steve Rogers that made him a hero, it was what was there all along.

He can raise his stats all he wants but I believe a huge part (I hope) of the narrative is going to focus on him building his self-confidence, coming to terms with it and also keeping it in check while trying to forge relationships based on who he can be rather than who he was.

Users who are viewing this thread