Isekai de Kojiin wo Hiraita kedo, Naze ka Darehitori Sudatou to Shinai Ken - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Child And Parent

Dex-chan lover
5 rare potions for 'consideration' to extend the debt deadline.
Better pack-up and find a better place to stay kid

Dex-chan lover
How to solve it: "Ok, I will talk with the King and you can come back in a week so we solve this". Likely would go nowhere.

Fed-Kun's army
Even if the story is true: "Get us 5 very very rare potions, then i give you more time to give me money that you never owed me" ... yeah... how about no?

Dex-chan lover
With all that was written below me, might I add: if the orphanage's realestate comes with a 10,000,000, and more, contract -- it seems like it'd be far, far cheaper to move to some place else.
Especially if, like said previously, the MC is expected to come upon with extremely rare medicines, that can be used to pay for a new land, anyway.

Anyway, I doubt that the debt will ever be a problem, or exist for too long. I bet that the MC will find some rare root or something that can heal the grandson completely.

The old man is asking an S rank to do a somewhat difficult quest and the MC doesn't even try negotiate a deal better than just extending the debt deadline.

At least ask for him to reduce the debt or something!

Fed-Kun's army
It's probably more of an excuse to save the grandson
who's probably a trap 😏
and will probably also inherit the deed to the orphanage
and will move into the orphanage as the land owner

Extending the debt: translation error?
I was expecting that was just an excuse to pay the orphanage a visit for this personal potion quest and that he would be weighing a favor as his reward.

Double-page supporter
Attempted murder and kidnapping are pretty good reasons to demand nullification of a debt or at least reason with them that it is not his debt to pay, but accepting it instantly is stupid.
Also extending a deadline instead of paying it full? He is asking to be put on a leash.

Dex-chan lover
I think I hate kuudere. After a while I couldn't stand it in other stories like wordmaster wn, starting to feel that way now.

Aggregator gang
This mangas name/main idea begins to be boundaries and mold that prevents itself from evolving into something interesting of a story.. I think it's clear by now that we're just stuck with the situation that the mc has to have an orphanage... Even though that orphanage has become the prison and a place of problems for the mc and his harem.. It's clear by now that he's a really strong person.. An S-rank adventurer, which is (by the standards of other similas worlds), the best there is.. It would make the most sense for him to show the finger to that old guy and the king, and take his harem with him into adventures as they make huge sums of money by compliting A & S -rank quests, and with enough money buy their own place, and make that into an orphanage if they feel like it.. But for now, they don't need the orphanage-situation to be together.. They already have a bond between them all, and they can be together if they choose to.

Also it has been made clear that the mc is supposed to be an intelligent person, and a guy who's a so called "independent thinker", since he was the only one of the students who was doubtful of the kings story from the beginning.. Yet the same guy totally took the bait that the old guy gave him ("swallowed the hook, line and sinker"), and he didn't even bother trying to negotiate better deal with'em (let alone realise the potential/freedom of him being an S-rank adventurer with his harem, without the prison of an orphanage).. I really hate it when the mc's intelligence/way of thinking changes when it's the most preferable for the plot.

Banned
Just imagine... he could have got rid of both the son's problems AND the debt instantly...

... buy killing both guys on the spot. Claim the old guy died of old age and the other guy died of his illness. Problem solved.

Dex-chan lover
Either this guy is an idiot or there was a translation error:
"I want you to get five intermediate-level recovery potions. If you succeed, I will consider extending the deadline of the debt."
Consider means he could still say, "Nah, fuck you, give me the orphanage."
"Extend the deadline" means he still has to pay the whole debt back...
Looking for or creating those potions doesn't really benefit him at all.

He has some strength, so at the very least he could have forced them to accept monthly payments until he pays all the debt back. Then he could have made the potions and sold them in the market or to them and after a while the debt would be gone.

Killing them is even better. Killing the king could be tricky. A-Rank adventurers are like babies to him, but there might be S-Rank hoes that he has some trouble with or maybe there is a god on the king's side, some bs like that, so he might not be able to kill him (well, assassination would work, but taking on the full force of the kingdom's army wouldn't work.)

The only reason I see for dumbfuck MC to keep the orphanage going is for the promise the king made to him (not sure if it was an actual promise.) It was kinda like, "If you raise 10 people in the orphanage, I'll send you back to your world." But yeah, if the guy got to know some people or hired some trustworthy guards, he could leave the girls to go for some quick adventures and earn money that way. Or he could take his harem with him and make them strong. It's not like they have to be in the orphanage all the time, so leaving on an adventure for a few years and coming back with them as grown ups (or some random adults) could potentially pass as "raising" 10 children in the orphanage.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, calm down below there edgy king, your edgyness is almost entering my own comment.

Fed-Kun's army
I can see author-san couldn't come up with a good reason for his protag and the gang to go on an adventure, so he made an event. Too bad he wrote the event in such a rage inducing way.

That old man offered to "EXTEND" the date to pay back the "FULL" debt. If he had just said "Wipe the debt clean, and you have a deal.", this would have had a somewhat satisfying resolution.

I pray for your wellbeing, author-san. Many in this comment section are not as forgiving as I.

Dex-chan lover
That entire system seems a bit shady, this will no doubt become a big problem in the future, damn king didn’t even tell him a thing about this ether.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well now the three wifes will repay MC's kindness with their own abilities to aid him on his quest.

Users who are viewing this thread