Isekai de Mofumofu Nadenade Suru Tame ni Ganbattemasu. - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Double-page supporter
bad chapter
i'll give the story one more chance but i'm close to dropping this

this had so much potential to be comfy and relaxing but this chapter just kills the mood... I appreciate your time translating it but i'm gonna drop this and forget it as soon as possible

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it is fantasy, but, it is still based on noble societies in our actual past (in how things were done/people acted). Yes, this actually happened. Physical punishment for lessons. Prejudice to ridiculous levels, sexism, etc. Also, did you all forget the Goddess told her to evaluate humanity? That was her purpose for being reincarnated here. So, yea, I'm not too surprised the story has come to this. But fluff time with cute animals would be nice to see more of.

I am glad at least the dad was not happy with the abuse when he found out.

Contributor
Okay, like, I could appreciate the nod to old-fashioned corporal punishment and harshness in some other, more properly medieval series, but invoking it here in fluff-land seems of... questionable merit, to say the least.

Like especially right on the tail of the previous chapter, where the entire effing upper echelons of nobility plus a dragon just ignore their responsibilities to get together to celebrate the birthday of a toddler and show their love and affection? And then, bam! Right next chapter mom and lil' bro are saying the bruises are for your own good, please go in tomorrow and get hurt more?! That's just too damn much whiplash.

<rant hidden with spoiler>
And even then, if one wanted to say it's just medieval realism. Their moods and expressions and the order they tell the protagonist things are just too damn inconsistent and strange: Like "oh, I see you're bruised honey, you shouldn't hide it from us, that's bad, incidentally we knew the bad lady we hired was going to do it to you [insert kind smiles]"—WHAT THE EVERLASTING FUCK.

I know it's probably just innocuously terrible writing, trying to be more serious while keeping some of the fluff I guess, but the incongrous mix of modern feel-good messaging and "spoil the rod, spoil the child" messaging just comes out as some sort of toxic gaslighting abusive shit that really is thoroughly stomach-churning. Even showing a little worry and concern from the family would have gone a long way.

Like, the horror of the church-messaging is spot-on (much more proper old-fashioned colonial Christian bullshit than that of the usual pseudo-Christians of villainousness in these things XD), the complaints about setting up ladies to be useless is spot-on—but whilst we're talking about victim blaming and fairness, we're just going to ignore her family being okay with the maid giving her bruises for having a lisp...? The series apparently not seeing anything wrong with that part is just rather alarming. And we're supposed to just forget about it all because her supposedly "over-protective" father comes in and mostly rights the situation?

Ugh... Like, okay, that's over with, but is there going to be more of this creepy stuff in my fluff? Now I'm always going to have to be worried with this series. Which is such a crying shame; it does its relaxed baby fluff stuff so well when it wants to.

To be clear, I will totally respect if this series takes a proper turn for the darker in the future. That's been foreshadowed since the beginning. That's fine. But this particular creepy brand of trying-to-have-it-both-ways stuff cannot be a thing.

Dex-chan lover
Dropped. I don’t need child abuse and questionable coping methods in my fluffy isekai.

Dex-chan lover
What a stupid fucking chapter, that completely departs from all themes and pacing previously in the manga. Then the next chapter goes back to how it was before. It’s like a guest author took over and thought it was a different genre for a day. Hell, it isnt even done that well.

Aggregator gang
Really bad chapter, like series ruining...

This is a slow life manga about a horse girl and now we get a chapter about nobility and beating toddlers. See the disconnect? Then her fucking sociopath mom was like oh cool stuff just don't make sure its visible. Holy shit was that a bad time, hope someone can find this manga entertaining. I came to this light manga to have fun not to witness "classical abuse" on a toddler.

Dex-chan lover
Lucky her if I was the father i'd have broken the bitches fingers.
One.
At.
A.
Time.

Dex-chan lover
Huh? So they're just fine with someone abusing their child who is so small she can't even pronounce words correctly yet? They're just gonna let it slide? Specially since I doubt they don't know she's affiliated with the church. I mean, didn't the dad refuse the church advances a couple chaps ago so they wouldn't brainwash his daughter and now he lets someone affiliated with it straight up bruise the fuck out of his daughter? Hell naw bro.

Users who are viewing this thread